Sign in to follow this  
esoxangler

Can anyone recommend...

Looking to get a good quality spinning rod between $100 to $200 that will handle lite weight crankbaits running anywhere up to 10ft. I've tried baitcasting rods, but just do not do well with them on lite lures. I apologize if this has been asked before....and thanks for any suggestions in advance.

-esox

Freshwater.......stradic fi 2500 , go no further.

Thanks sirsnookalot, but I am looking for a rod, however I will need a reel to put on it, so thanks for the advice, I will take a closer look at the Stadic FI.

spinning rod

Stradic is a reel, so you are going to have to look further!

Few good rods in this price range I have used

All one piece, 6'6" . fast tip in either ML or Med (my pref)

Fenwick HMX

Fenwick HMG

Cabelas Fish Eagle II ( a little below , only rods i use now)

Team All Stars

go to a tackle store with the reel of your choice and put it on a few of these rods and check the feel for yourself before you buy

As for reels

since you answered before I posted:

Pflueger President X6735

Oops, I read that kinda of fast........sorry

I mostly use hurricane redbones and they are wonderful, I own 6.

Solid backbone, light and casts a ton.  89.95

I have a shimano clarus about 60 bucks and it's pretty decent, have caught 10# snook on a 6'6 6-12 model.

I just had a couple of custom rods made and while it's early to give a review it looks like a lot a bang for the buck, spent 100 and 150 on the other.

I am using a St.Croix Premier 7'6" ML  1pc  for  norman deep baby n's.The 7 ' would probably be better as the 7'6'' has a little too much tip flex and storage and transporting is a little more challenging with the longer one, but man it willl chunk it way out there . I use 6 or 8 lb. line because the highland reservoirs I use it in are deep and clear with very little brushy cover.YMMV.

The new Fenwick HMGs, with the TAC grips, Alconite guides, and carbon veil wrap, are very promising.  If they maintain the sensitivity of the current HMGs, and add all that stuff, at a price point of $99, it will be, no question, the best rod anywhere near that price range.  

When will those new Fenwick's be available? I have the current model and love it. Can't wait to get my hands on the new one with those upgrades and at $20 less than the current model's price. I just hope they havn't cut any corners to keep the price down.