Sign in to follow this  
I.rar

All around light action spinning rod...

so im looking around for a rod to match my abu cardinal 801. i would like a 5'6" to 6'6" 2 piece rod for under $70. so far the only thing that really catches my eye are the st croix triumph TRS66LF2. any input on these rods? this will be used for anything under 1/4oz from cranks to t-rigs.

its no st croix,

but i have a great suggestion.....

the BPS microlite series,

i own 2 of them now....

one 7' md lite 2 piece

one 6'6" md lite 2 piece

their wonderful and i have nothing bad to say about them, in fact... i was so impressed with the first one... i had to buy another!!!

their priced at like 44 bucks i believe.

the action is great and the sensitivity is awesome...

their definetly a sound buy.

Million things you could buy, I have a shimano clarus that may fit that bill nicely. $60 lifetime warranty.  801 is nice reel, I have an 802 and 804.

could ya swing 80? check these sexy beast out... sic guides. ecs seats and the works...

A new brand in the bass fishing world, Damiki has already evoked quite a response with their beautifully crafted fishing rods. The entire series of Angel EX Spinning Rods are 2-piece and feature quality components, including SIC Guides and IPS/ECS Reel Seats. Billed as the entry-level series from Damiki, they were designed to fill the void for a quality 2-piece bass fishing rod at a reasonable price. The spigot joint linking the two pieces together is made to fit precisely, transferring feeling from the tip to the handle, as well

http://www.***.com/descpageDAMSPINROD-DAEX.html#

DAEX.JPG

Million things you could buy, I have a shimano clarus that may fit that bill nicely. $60 lifetime warranty. 801 is nice reel, I have an 802 and 804.

thought about it , but they dont have a 2 piece light rod. the compre does - CPS66L2B . but unless i can find one used thats in good condition , im looking elsewhere.

ive never seen or heard anything about those damiki rods. they do look nice though..

Light action rods and t-rigs don't play very well together. Use a sharp, fine -wire hook and hope for the best....later

ive fished t-rigs on my UL rod without any problems.

ive fished t-rigs on my UL rod without any problems.

It's still the "wrong action". Although the tip is usually rated Fast,

it's soft. Soft plastics, weighted or weightless, should be fished on

rods with a firm tip.

8-)

i understand. but im sure some tips are more stiff than others which is why im asking. im only down to 2 rigs. a 6' M casting that covers 1/4oz and up and whatever i do with this one. i would still like to be able to throw 1/16oz cranks , but i would also like to be able to set a hook deep without throwing my back out.

would i be better off with a ML action rod? i mainly fish soft plastics and cranks..

this compre seems to fit my needs...

CPS60ML2B         6'0"         Medium Light         Fast         4-10  Line               1/16-3/8 Lure Weight       2 Piece

i understand. but im sure some tips are more stiff than others which is why im asking. im only down to 2 rigs. a 6' M casting that covers 1/4oz and up and whatever i do with this one. i would still like to be able to throw 1/16oz cranks , but i would also like to be able to set a hook deep without throwing my back out.

would i be better off with a ML action rod? i mainly fish soft plastics and cranks..

Power is usually rated in terms like Light, Medium, Medium Heavy, Ultra Light.

Action, which actually refers to the taper is rated in terms of speed, like Fast, Moderate, X-Fast.

What you are probably looking for is a Medium or Medium-Light power rod with a Fast action.

What you are probably looking for is a Medium or Medium-Light power rod with a Fast action.

thanks.

that compre seems to be what i would need then. i already have a 6' M compre as my casting rod , and ive been pleased with it so far.

That would make a nice dock skipping/tight quarters rod for small unweighted worms, flukes, or light split shot rigs.  I personally prefer a heavier rod for this, but my buddy uses a similar style rod with great success.