Sign in to follow this  
Danny1991

New rod tip?

Busted the insert out of the tip of my Pro Qualifier rod today. And since I've had it more then a year (barely) Bass Pro wont replace/repair it so I'm planing on having the tip replaced at a local tackle shop. I was just wondering will the rod lose any sensitivity doing this?

Hmm...

You must have met exactly the wrong guy at BPS. Tip tops are

virtually free and anyone can replace them. This is a terrible

story.

Anyhow, the replacement will have no affect on your rod.

>:)

if bps wont take care of you on the issue,

dont be concerned, as RW stated......

in the right hands, a tip top is not an issue at all....

in fact a very simple fix.

it should be relatively cheap, and your rod will be good as new!

I was just wondering will the rod lose any sensitivity doing this?
Nope!!! As long as you didn't lose any of the length of the rod blank....

Tight Lines!!

Busted the insert out of the tip of my Pro Qualifier rod today. And since I've had it more then a year (barely) Bass Pro wont replace/repair it so I'm planing on having the tip replaced at a local tackle shop. I was just wondering will the rod lose any sensitivity doing this?

Really? Did you tell them how long you had it?

BPS wanted to charge me 55 dollars to clean an old reel.

This is not surprising to me; I am staying away from that place for now.

Had the same thing happen to me, had the rod a little over a year, insert fell out so I took it in.  They said the rod could not be exchanged or repaired because it was too old and purchased from the website, apparently the store and websites are two different entities, no returns, prices don't match, and the stores give greif over matching the website price.  One guy said no repair or returns, the other overheard, came and asked about the problem, and said "give me ten minutes."  He retipped with a fuji hardloy, apparently they only carry one size tip, and it's huge but it was free.  

What you do is go in and tell them you got it a month ago not last year and the tip just broke and you don't have a receipt. It's house and the one time I've had a problem with their rod the exchanged it no questions asked.

I had a crankin stick just break at the tip for no reason, told them I didn't have a receipt and asked if I could exchange it. They said no problem and out the door I went.

Go back and talk to a different employee/manager and see if he would do it, if not ask to talk to the store manager that person if talked to right will usually cut you a deal.

What you do is go in and tell them you got it a month ago not last year and the tip just broke and you don't have a receipt. It's house and the one time I've had a problem with their rod the exchanged it no questions asked.

I had a crankin stick just break at the tip for no reason, told them I didn't have a receipt and asked if I could exchange it. They said no problem and out the door I went.

Go back and talk to a different employee/manager and see if he would do it, if not ask to talk to the store manager that person if talked to right will usually cut you a deal.

the rods have serial numbers that let them know when they were manufactured.  Buddy tried to get an extreme fixed not long ago, the girl at the service desk told him it was over three years old from the serial#

the rods have serial numbers that let them know when they were manufactured. Buddy tried to get an extreme fixed not long ago, the girl at the service desk told him it was over three years old from the serial#

That is pretty funny, maybe it's just Nashville not caring or what not, they never looked at the rod except to see the tip broke, I would say complaining would be the way to go, but I've tried that several times and it gets you know where really with BPS.

I actually talked to a lady on the phone there and she even asked the manager and he said no too. The store is a hour and a half away so I dont think I'll take the chance. :-/ After talking to another guy online that makes rods I'm gonna replace it myself following his instructions :)

I actually talked to a lady on the phone there and she even asked the manager and he said no too. The store is a hour and a half away so I dont think I'll take the chance. :-/ After talking to another guy online that makes rods I'm gonna replace it myself following his instructions :)

It's pretty easy repairing the tip.Just take your time and don't rush it.

I can't believe this thread is still going...  replacing the tiptop is a 1 minute job.  2 minutes for a beginner.  And a good top only cost $2-$3, retail.  

Really...Enough already.

Goodnight Irene.

-Kent  a.k.a. roadwarrior

Global Moderator