Sign in to follow this  
roadwarrior

BCR893

I just received a Core 50Mg7 that needs a home.

I'm considering the BCR893. Does anyone have this

set-up? If so, how does it balance?

I have the GLX version of the BCR893. First off, that rod is a Senko machine (though, I'm sure it can do other tasks, but I have never used for anything other than Senkos). I first had it paired with a Daiwa Fuego, which was a good match, but recently put a Daiwa Steez 103SHA on it and it feels great. Since the Core 50MG7 is the same weight as the Steez, I assume it will feel the same. Granted, the balance point is a few inches in front of the reel, but with the set-up being so light overall, it is not uncomfortable or even that noticeable. I think you will be very pleased.

Lucky Craft Man,

Thank you!

-Kent

I sure if Lucky Craft Man says the BCR893 GLX is right for your Core 50 setup then its perfect.

However, I wish I could put my MBR842 GLX with a Core 50 in your hand.  After 1 cast I would probably have to fight you to get it back.

BCR893 BLX is by far my favorite GLoomis rod, RW.  I have mine paired with a Steez 103 as well. 

I sent my BCR to Matt Davis, he's had the rod for just about a year now - he's turning it into something a little more special...   

I'm in the same boat as you RW.  I got my BCR893 in the mail last week also and I have no idea which reel to put on it.  The rod is just standing naked in my rod rack.

I have a NIB spare Chronarch 50Mg I was thinking of putting on it but I think my Calcutta 50GT will fit nice also.  This may sound crazy but I'm not so certain I like my Core 50 to the same extent as the Chronarch or Calcutta.  I'm going to try all 3 reels on it this weekend and see which one I like better.  I might be selling the Core if I don't like how it feels on it.

I have the JDM version of the new Core50, called the Aldebaran.  Great reel, it's grown on me more and more with use.  Also pairs very nicely with the BCR.

I have the JDM version of the new Core50, called the Aldebaran. Great reel, it's grown on me more and more with use. Also pairs very nicely with the BCR.

Seriously, every time I say this, I am not joking.

ADOPT ME!   ;D

I sure if Lucky Craft Man says the BCR893 GLX is right for your Core 50 setup then its perfect.

However, I wish I could put my MBR842 GLX with a Core 50 in your hand. After 1 cast I would probably have to fight you to get it back.

I have my 842 matched up with a Scorpion 1000

right now, but I'll certainly give the new reel a

ride on that rod! As a permanent home, it sounds

like I have a BCR893 in my future!

I also have a BCR893 GLX that I use as my dedicated Senko rod, but mine is paired with a CuradoE7.  Definetly one of my favorite setups.  You won't be disappointed. 

Kent- I have been throwing the BCR893 GLX with a chronarch 50mg since last Christmas. This was my first high dollar setup and I was hestitant at first to fork out the cash for it. I am glad to say that it was worth every cent. I can't believe how sensitive and light the rod is. Once paired with the 50mg it is a match made in heaven. I can throw this rod all day long without the slighest bit of shoulder fatigue. I use it for senkos, but have also enjoyed throwing a gautlet of soft plastic applications. You will not be let down.

I think you will be super pleased with this rod paired with the new core  50mg. If I had some money around, I would certainly upgrade my reel. Good luck!

I mean you really can't go wrong with a $400 rod and reel combined ;D

Hey steezy!

Now I have to get another Core 50MG when I buy the BCR893.

I put the reel on the MBR842C and they are mated for life!

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Kent

8-)

Hey RW,

Well, all I can say is "I'm in love!" I put my Chronarch 50mg on the 893 and it is ever so sweet. It feels so good that I don't want to try the Core on it.

P.S.  It took the wife a few nights of getting use to it lying in bed between us but she got over it.

Hey RW,

Well, all I can say is "I'm in love!" I put my Chronarch 50mg on the 893 and it is ever so sweet. It feels so good that I don't want to try the Core on it.

P.S. It took the wife a few nights of getting use to it lying in bed between us but she got over it.

I have a feeling you're telling the truth.  ;D