Sign in to follow this  
Brendan Duffy

Yo-Zuri Hybrid

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

lol :D

The line is awesome. do a search and you will find lots of thread on this line.

Later, :)

Where's Kent when ya need him  ;D

theres like a million threads on this topic.

if fact, it should be a sticky along side "what rod should i buy?"

but to answer your question: Yes. i run from 8lbs.-14lbs. on my baitcasters and it is IMO very sensitive. i read its so sensitive Trojan is testing it...

It's about as sensitive as any other mono. I've been using Yozuri for a couple years and rate it 8 out of 10 overall. I'd give it a 3 out of 10 when it comes to memory. Berkley has far less memory but isn't as strong as Yozuri. I change the line on my reels about every 3-4 weeks so the memory isn't really an issue. Some folks like to use KVD line conditioner on their line but I'm hesitant to use anything other than water.

The Ultrasoft is the way to go..even on a baitcaster..Memory isn't much of an issue for me.. :D

It's about as sensitive as any other mono. I've been using Yozuri for a couple years and rate it 8 out of 10 overall. I'd give it a 3 out of 10 when it comes to memory. Berkley has far less memory but isn't as strong as Yozuri. I change the line on my reels about every 3-4 weeks so the memory isn't really an issue. Some folks like to use KVD line conditioner on their line but I'm hesitant to use anything other than water.

theres like a million threads on this topic.

if fact, it should be a sticky along side "what rod should i buy?"

but to answer your question: Yes. i run from 8lbs.-14lbs. on my baitcasters and it is IMO very sensitive. i read its so sensitive Trojan is testing it...

;D

I just ordered a 600 yard spool of 6 pound test and 10 pound test, also gonna be ordering the soft version for my spinning reels. It sux on spinning gear cuz the memory is horrible and it tends to get knotted up very easily. Thats why Im gettin the soft low memory version for my spinning gear. Hopefully the regular hybrid works well on my baitcasters or i will be stuck with 1200 yards of useless line  >:D

Well, the cost is low so give it a try and see what

you think. Most guys like it, but some don't! This

is my suggestion:

Spinning tackle: Yo-Zuri Hybrid or Hybrid Ultra Soft

#6 (.010" diameter, 11.9 lb breaking strength)

Baitcasting gear: Hybrid or Ultra Soft #12 (.013"

diameter, 19.5 lb breaking strength)

I use KVD Line & Lure Conditioner on all lines.

Good luck!

-Kent a.k.a. roadwarrior

I just ordered a 600 yard spool of 6 pound test and 10 pound test, also gonna be ordering the soft version for my spinning reels. It sux on spinning gear cuz the memory is horrible and it tends to get knotted up very easily. Thats why Im gettin the soft low memory version for my spinning gear. Hopefully the regular hybrid works well on my baitcasters or i will be stuck with 1200 yards of useless line >:D

you can send that "useless line" to me if it doesnt work out. :)

The regular Hybrid is good line for jerkbaits, and crankbaits. The memory of regular Hybrid is comparable to Rain Man's memory......which makes it a little too 'springy' for jigs and worms in my opinion.

I've been using Yozuri Hybrid for a couple of years now.  I have mixed reviews on it.  I use the 6-8 lb test for spinning reels and it performs well enough for my needs.  It's strong and sensitive.  However, I spooled up some 10 lb test on my baitcaster and didn't like it too much.  It casts great, but I couldn't deal with the memory.  I would end up with a spool of loose line no matter how tightly wound I reeled it in.  I never used any line conditioner but I heard it would help a lot with that problem on baitcasters.

I love this line... Preferably the 12#. I'll use it for anything like spinners or cranks. I'll even occasionally throw it on a weightless senko rig.

Hybrid, or the hybrid ultrasoft..?

I've been using Yozuri Hybrid for a couple of years now. I have mixed reviews on it. I use the 6-8 lb test for spinning reels and it performs well enough for my needs. It's strong and sensitive. However, I spooled up some 10 lb test on my baitcaster and didn't like it too much. It casts great, but I couldn't deal with the memory. I would end up with a spool of loose line no matter how tightly wound I reeled it in. I never used any line conditioner but I heard it would help a lot with that problem on baitcasters.

Hybrid, or the hybrid ultrasoft..?
I've been using Yozuri Hybrid for a couple of years now. I have mixed reviews on it. I use the 6-8 lb test for spinning reels and it performs well enough for my needs. It's strong and sensitive. However, I spooled up some 10 lb test on my baitcaster and didn't like it too much. It casts great, but I couldn't deal with the memory. I would end up with a spool of loose line no matter how tightly wound I reeled it in. I never used any line conditioner but I heard it would help a lot with that problem on baitcasters.

Just the regular Hybrid.  I haven't tried the Hybrid Ultra Soft yet.  I wonder the Ultra Soft would work better for the loose line issue.

Ultrasoft is very managable on both spinning and baitcasters. 10 or 12 lb on baitcasters, 6 or 8 on spinning, depending on type of structure, i.e. rocks, or timber, ect.

I compare the yozuri hybrid to pline cxx its strong and very abrasion resistant, but the memory in this line sucks. I don't use either on my jig or plastic rods but wouldn't hesitate to use them for spinnerbaits, crankbaits, jerkbaits,topwaters,etc.

I just ordered a 600 yard spool of 6 pound test and 10 pound test, also gonna be ordering the soft version for my spinning reels. It sux on spinning gear cuz the memory is horrible and it tends to get knotted up very easily. Thats why Im gettin the soft low memory version for my spinning gear. Hopefully the regular hybrid works well on my baitcasters or i will be stuck with 1200 yards of useless line >:D

Steve, I'll tell you what, If your not happy with it, I'll buy it.  :)

hookset on 3