Sign in to follow this  
nralover

Shimano Core 100Mg

Is the larger Core a niche type reel, or just a high end casting reel? I saw one on Ebay brand new for cheaper than I can get a Chronarch, and was just curious about your opinions...

It's an awesome reel. Prices have come down a bit on em because they've been out a little while and everybody is buying the new 50 right now. The 100 is pretty much a lighter version of the chronarch. My d7 feels just a touch smoother than my core 100 though. I'm not really sure why.

It's an awesome reel. Prices have come down a bit on em because they've been out a little while and everybody is buying the new 50 right now. The 100 is pretty much a lighter version of the chronarch. My d7 feels just a touch smoother than my core 100 though. I'm not really sure why.

So if I can get it shipped to my door for less than 300, it is a great deal?

It depends on how much less than 300 you will be getting it for. If it's only 5 or 10 bucks then I would hold out for the 50mg which I got brand new off of ebay for 305. If you are getting the 100 for 275 or 280, then I would certainly go for the 100. I have the 100 mgfv and love it.

If you have a bing.com account you can get them for the buy it now price minus 8%. Just got a Core 51Mg for $190 plus $10 shipping minus $23. Pretty good for $275. You might be able to find a Core 100Mg for even less if you look around. I have a D7 and it is plenty light for me and it is buttery smooth. You can get them for $245 shipped before cashback. 

I would say no.  If I had a choice between a new Chronarch D7 and a new Core 100MG(FV), I'd pick the Chronarch D series every time.  It is the better overall reel in my hands, not lighter though!  The Core 100MG(FV) is a quality reel, no doubt.  The Core 50/51MG7 is an absolutely incredible reel that is MUCH different than the 100 sized Core models. 

If you have a bing.com account you can get them for the buy it now price minus 8%. Just got a Core 51Mg for $190 plus $10 shipping minus $23. Pretty good for $275.

Did you mean $290 plus $10?

For those who like the more traditional reel size,

he Core 100MG is a great choice. I happen to prefer

the Core 50MG7, but I am fishing both. Mine were

purchased from members on our Flea Market. I

think I paid about $280 NIB, delivered.

8-)