Sign in to follow this  
Backlash17

Rapala Baitcast reels ??????????

Anyone ever try these or have a review on these reels . A buddy sent me over the link to check them out ...I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these and also where do you get them?http://www.rapala.ca/products/rapala/rtype_cast.php

This is the first time I've heard of this reel..website has no price ? Rapala genarally makes good stuff but who knows on this reel

T

are you talking about their casting rods (which are garbage)?

No ,I was talking about their baits and knives..no experience with their rods

T

It looks like a BPS reel with a Rapala logo on it.  Look at the Volt series while you're there, then go to Pinnacle's website and check out a few of theirs.  They are identical. 

I believe these are Pinnacle reels rebadged.  Probably good reels.  I'm impressed by what I see on Pinnacle's website. 

I bought a Rapala spinning reel a couple of years ago, and was wondering whether it was made by someone else. I like the reel and have had no problems. :)

From what I know, the Rapala reels are only available in the Canadian market.  I have a good friend who is a Pure Fishing rep and he thinks the new Rapala reel (the higher end one, not the Volt) is really good.  It sall he has on his rods now (partly because he gets them at a discount, but partly because he knows they're good reels).

The Rapala Shift rods are REALLY nice for the price.  Comparable to anything even 25-50% more expensive in my experience (and his).  I own a Rapala R-Type rod (6'7" MH-XF spinning) and its been really good. Its sensitive and light, good backbone.  The Shift rods are even better!

I have been trying to find out where I can find one of these to buy, anybody know where I can pick one up????   I emailed rapala, got a response, but it was not helpful.  I am thinking about trying one out...

If anyone knows where I can find one, let me know.  For the record, I will be blaming whoever can help me find one when my wife sees the credit card bill!!!   ;D

I have been trying to find out where I can find one of these to buy, anybody know where I can pick one up???? I emailed rapala, got a response, but it was not helpful. I am thinking about trying one out...

If anyone knows where I can find one, let me know. For the record, I will be blaming whoever can help me find one when my wife sees the credit card bill!!! ;D

You can only buy them in Canada, or from a Canadian dealer.