Sign in to follow this  
junebugmn

going to the st.croix factory outlet soon!

Hello all! Well bass season up here in "sconny" is right around the corner! :) I figured I need a new rod, the st.croix out let is a couple hour's away in park fall's wisconsin, and they have a lot of factory second rod's there! Usually the defect's are only a crooked decal or a miniscule itsy bitsy teeny bow in the rod, a couple year's ago I bought a avid 7ft3inch med heavy collapsible rod for 82.00 :) it retailed for 190.00! The only defect was a crooked decal!! Junebugman

do they only sell them at the outlet?

Probably braggin'!  I stop up there at least once a year if I can.  Was actually thinkin' maybe this Saturday. 8-)

Not every trip is a success though, sometimes I leave empty handed.  It's when your looking for a specific rod that it becomes a crap shoot.

Maybe junebugmn is offering to pickup rods for BR members that cannot get to the outlet ?

It would be a nice jesture.  :)

Hey thats cool.  Thats quite a haul for me or I'd hit that bargain selection up looking for crooked decals.

Well good for you. Are you just trying to brag or were you looking for a response? >:)

He's bragging but he doesn't know it .

Lol!!! Hey guy's i'm not trying to brag ;)The rod's they sell there are not available anyplace else, you might be able to order one though? Never asked them though :-? I guess from a guy who drove 575 mile's to pick up a bass boat and go through chicago rush hour traffic to get home, 2 hr's ain't too much to ask for, I alway's call ahead of time before I go up there anyway to see what they got 8-)  junebugman

Don't apologize dude. This forum is loaded with guys who get their kicks showing off their rods and reels. Cracks me up how some guys obviously baby their gear and show them off like a woman shows off her shoe collection.

So I saw nothing wrong with posting your excitement about getting a good deal on a good rod. Bet there's guys on here who would never own a "factory blem" rod, LOL. No jealousy here as I own GLX, LE, etc. gear but have come to realize guys like Clunn and KVD learned long ago that fish don't care what boat you fish out of or how expensive your gear is. Spend your time (and money) figuring out the fish and not what reel matches what rod ;D

It probably a good thing that place is 9+ hours away from me. I wanna go tomorrow. ;D ;D ;D

Don't apologize dude. This forum is loaded with guys who get their kicks showing off their rods and reels. Cracks me up how some guys obviously baby their gear and show them off like a woman shows off her shoe collection.

I resemble that remark!   ::)

Brag all you want; post some pictures of big bass

and brag some more...Lighten up fellas, this is a

fishing forum and this is the right section to talk

rods & reels.

I hope you find exactly what you are looking for!

-Kent

actually, it was an informative post, for me at least.  I didn't knwo the St Croix store had such specials.  i have friends in Wisconsin I only visit every few years, but now that I know they have a bargain bin, I'm driving the rental car 2 hrs just to look around (next time I fly to Wisconsin, of course).

$50 for legend's in bins

:):o :o :o :o

Buy all of them and sell them in the Flea Market.

Agreed, especially if the issue is purely cosmetic. This is a situation where you could make a few bucks and still be hooking people up big time. $100 bucks shipped and they'll be lining up. I'll take a Slop and Frog 7' HF and a Finesse Jig 7' MHXF............seriously.  :)

Most the ones in the $50, $25 bin aren't just cosmetic.

All the ones from the bin I have has a few inches cut off of them and the logo scrapped out.

But the rack has the cosmetic issues. Which they sell for about $182 for a Legend Elite. And around $82 for avids.

I see.  Still a slick deal.  I coundn't care less about cosmetic issues on most products.  I'm all about function over fashion. 

If ya call, will they sell and ship them???

If ya call, will they sell and ship them???

I don't know that they would do that out of the outlet store.  Only because when you choose off the rack your looking at blems and rods with tips replacement, I don't know that they are going to choose a blem for you.  I'd be game to help you out because I was going up there over the weekend, but spent a bunch the last few days and my reserves have dwindled temporarily. 8-)

Thanks, if they don't I'll keep ya in mind.