Sign in to follow this  
crappiekid24

Crankbait Rod

I am looking for a good crankbait rod that isnt too expensive. It will be used for cranks that run no more then 8ft deep. I was looking at a Shimano Compre CPC-C70MB. Is there anything else in the $100 range that is better then the Compre?

that is a fine rod. many manufactures market a rod in that price range. id search the forum for posts on crank bait rods and read up.

For $115 you can get the Daiwa S Crank Rods. They are very nice crankbait rods for the money.

American Rodsmith's makes a David Fritts signature crank rod, pure fiberglass, for about $100.

If it were me I would buy a 7'M Bucoo or a 7'MH Bucoo for 110. I love mine for just that use.

The BPS Crankin' Stick is a great rod for a great value.  I have also had really good luck with the Berkley Amp rod in 6'6 medium action.  If I were going to buy a dedicated crankbait rod, I would get the BPS Crankin stick though.  I think it is only $70!  You could probably catch it on sale if you look though.

BPS Crankin Stick, leaves you some money for some LC RC baits.

That's my suggestion also, if you want to keep the weight down.  I've got a couple of the older models from 6-7 years ago that work great for me.  I've got the 6'6" MH that I use for spinnerbaits and a 6'6" M that I have been using for shallow-medium cranks & topwaters but its just a little whippier than I personally like.  I plan to pick up a 7' MH in the next few weeks, the 6'6" just doesn't feel right for throwin cb's.

The Daiwa S rods is another rod you could look at but they are pretty heavy.  I have the 7' MH version and it'll handle a wide range of cranks as well as 3/8 & 1/2 oz spinnerbaits.  I love the way it hooks fish but I'm just about down to all sub 7oz reels and want to lighten up my rods as well.

"The BPS Crankin' Stick is a great rod for a great value."

X2.

Can't go wrong with it and it performs very well.

Caught an 8 pounder yesterday using it and throwing a buzzbait at my double secret pond.  She was beautiful.

Yes, I know. Bad selection, but I brought only three rods to the pond and the other two are spinning rigs.

But it worked!!!!!

Caught the 6 pounder on a spinnerbait using the same BPS Crankin' Stick a little while later.

So check out the BPS Crankin' Stick, too.  ;)

You might check the Falcon Bucoo, everyone that has posted info on these rods had great things to say.Falcon also claims that all thier Bucoo models weigh less than 4oz.

T

Looking at getting the Dick's Field and Stream Tec-Spec crankbait rod myself to try out. It's $59 and using the $10 off coupon

I have he 7' medium.  I have fished with cranks going to 12 feet and the rod has worked very well.  I don't think that I would want a crank running any deeper than 12 feet with the medium though.