Sign in to follow this  
florida strain

How often do you buy ,or get a new rod, or reel,or combo.

Just curios how often you guys get new stuff I try to get a new combo when i can which is usually about every 5 years.I have quite a few and still use some of the older ones.But, with all the new technology that comes out ,I end up getting a more up to date combo about every 5 years. Unless one breaks down ,and needs to be replaced sooner.

There have been years where I have bought alot more than 1 most I think was 3 or 4

I picked up seven new rods and reels this year.  So I probably won't buy another new one for a while unless theres a deal I can't pass up either on the flea market, or in a store.

It's been about once every other year so far for me, but as much as I've been getting into fishing lately, that is definitely subject to change.

i get a 400$ monthly allowance from my wife to cover all my personal monthly spending, gas, smokes, snacks excetra... half goes to tackle ...always.... so when ever I have the money I buy a new reel or rod this year I have bought 7 reels and 5 rods

too ften...

I usally buy five or six rods and reels each year...but that has to stop soon...was buying mostly baitcasting gear because I was rather new to baitcasting...three or four years now, and I have been upgrading my gear.

Thus the question choices do not fit me.

I probably pick up 3-4 combos a year, this is only because I am new to fishing though. Once I aqcuire all setups I need (want)  in a year or two that number will drop

I probably pick up 3-4 combos a year, this is only because I am new to fishing though. Once I aqcuire all setups I need (want) in a year or two that number will drop

Not likely

I probably pick up 3-4 combos a year, this is only because I am new to fishing though. Once I aqcuire all setups I need (want) in a year or two that number will drop

I thought the very same thing.

As of right now? Not nearly as often as I would like.  I would say that I am averaging about one combo a year.

So far this year:

3 GLX rods

2 Zillion reels, 1 Steez reel

and I didn't 'need' any of it.  It has stopped until I see the next 'must have' rod or reel  ::D

I've already bought at least eight rods so far this year and about a dozen reels, and will be buying a couple more rods in the next few weeks.

I'm easily bored, so I don't keep gear very long.  :D

Went out yesterday and realized that my fav. swimbait rod I know like for tossing jigs...Guess I must go buy some more gear! 

I have bought 13 new reels and 7 new rods this year.

I plan to try and take advantage of St. Croix's trade up program each year. So, I get at least 2-3 new rods each season. My reels are good, but I couldn't pass up a deal on the Skeet Reese Revo from TW right before Father's day!

Once I'm on all top-end stuff, I guess I'll have to figure it out as I go.

Whets

8-)

I thought the very same thing.

Me too ::D

i get a 400$ monthly allowance from my wife

An allowance? :-X

Burley, @ $400 a month I'd call it anything she wants to call it, as long as the perks go with it. 8-)