Sign in to follow this  
Alumabass

Skeet Reese Wright & McGill Rods.................

are they a good rod?  The local sporting goods store has a 7' spinnerbait/worm and a 7' 2" jig/worm each are priced at $59.99 closeout.  Just curious if this is a good price?  I have been looking for a Abu Garcia Vendetta rod, but maybe one of these will do.

Thanks-

Arlo

The going rate for those rods at most places i 89.99 an up depending on where your looking and where you are located. I personally dont care for them I tried the spinnerbait and the swimbait (I think) they just didnt impress me, but that could be why he is steady WINNING AND PLACING on a National level and I am barely competing at a local level haha.. I gave mine away I disliked them so much but you really need to form your on opinion of them unfornately i will cost you money.

I have the 8' flippin stick.  I like it...a lot.  Recently picked up the spit shot rod.  Haven't had a chance to really test it out.

I almost got the Vendetta flippin's stick until I saw the Skeet rod.  Weight was close, but I like the extra length and that's what did it for me.

A lot of guys on here are not fans of the Skeet rods.  To each his own.  I won't talk you into or out of it.

However, that price is a good one compared to retail.

youre buying a rod that will cost you at least $50 to receive the "lifetime warranty". i like the rods other than that.

The going rate for those rods at most places i 89.99 an up depending on where your looking and where you are located. I personally dont care for them I tried the spinnerbait and the swimbait (I think) they just didnt impress me, but that could be why he is steady WINNING AND PLACING on a National level and I am barely competing at a local level haha.. I gave mine away I disliked them so much but you really need to form your on opinion of them unfornately i will cost you money.

When he's winning and placing, I guarantee you he's not using a Tessera.

Yeah that is great price.  They are usually $89.00.  I have had mine awhile now and even though I haven't caught any fish on it yet it seems like a good rod because it is very lightweight and very sensitive.

I would get it.

Bigmoney is right i got the medium action fiberglass crankin stick, its a great rod but it feels pretty soft.

Played with a couple this weekend....felt like a piece of junk Snoopy rod.

Bet he is, ever seen him fish, it's like he's fishing with a wet noodle most of the time, the rest of the time it's that monster 8' pencil.  He also lost and missed alot of fish this year on those rods

Bet he is, ever seen him fish, it's like he's fishing with a wet noodle most of the time, the rest of the time it's that monster 8' pencil. He also lost and missed alot of fish this year on those rods

Yea during that last tournament he kept on hitting fish but everytime he was losing them

Skeet reese rods are the best out for the price. They are a little different being they were specially designed but the crankbait and carolina rig rods are by far the best 2 rods you could buy.

Skeet reese rods are the best out for the price. They are a little different being they were specially designed but the crankbait and carolina rig rods are by far the best 2 rods you could buy.

Specially designed?  To feel like junk? What is so special?  Compared to other near $100 rods, of course.

The Spinnerbait/Worm rod makes a good crankin' stick for lipless and shallow to medium running lures.  Other than that, I won't buy another one.

How are they any different than any other $100 rod? How are they specifically designed? I would love to know.

Played with a couple this weekend....felt like a piece of junk Snoopy rod.

Exactly.  High-end Ugly Stiks.  You can do SOOOO much better with that $100.

I own 3 Reese rods, $59.99 I'd Take all I could get.

I've got one in the flea market I sell to ya for $60 shipped.  It's been on the water two times and maybe 50 casts with it.

7'10" crankbait rod

Best rod for the money? I'd have to disagree. For that price range you can get a abu vendetta, veritas, or a lamiglass excel. I really like the Excel's. Light, and very sensitive.

I have both skeet crankbait rods, and I don't care for them. Not saying there junk, I have found that I don't like the glass rods. The skeet rods when they first came out couldnt be kept on the shelves. I don't think their selling that well now, even the new honeycomb edtions.