Sign in to follow this  
Jake P

Soft plastics

I have been trying different soft plastic brands like yum and zoom just trying to see if i like one more then the other before i just stick to one brand. Are you guys loyal to one brand only or do you buy various plastics from various brands? Any suggestions on some others worth trying?

Gene Larew is my personal favorite but I use others as well, getting stuck on one brand of plastic can be detrimental to your fishing success.    

I'm pretty loyal to Zoom and Luck "E" Strike. Luck "E" Strike's gotten me the most fish, but Zoom's finesse worm in Watermelon/red caught me a nice hog, and almost caught another one (the line snapped). YUM has never caught me anything, though a YUM crayfish swim bait almost caught me 2 decent sized bass. But, in the end, I live on Zoom, only occasionally testing other brands. (XPS and YUM has never caught me a fish, I'll say that much)

There are so many good products out there from so many companies that it wouldn't help you a bit by becoming loyal to just one company.

Wow, I could never do that. I use plastics from just about every major company and many small ones, each bait I throw doesn't come from what it says on the package but rather what I intend to use it for. There are too many variables and great products out there to purchase your plastics from just one manufacturer. If you really want to try something different you can check online or on this forum and there are a lot of small companies that do hand pores and make baits you can't find anywhere else. One thing I find interesting is that your color and pour often times dictate your action of a bait. Check out a few ZOOM worms next time your in the store pick up a couple bags of trick worms and really look at them grab a bag of Green Pumpkin or another solid color and a laminate color such as natural blue or kiwi or bullfrog. You should see that the green pumpkin is full of salt and the laminate bait isn't. The green pumpkin trick worm will outcast the laminate color every time because of the weight of the salt, just an interesting little fact.

I have mostly Zoom, but I have stuff from other companies.  If I see something I think might work I will get it.  But again, most of my stuff is from Zoom.

I use a few brands based on a specific recommendation, but for the most part I fish Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits. I like the texture (soft), the flavor (salty) and the fact that they have no remnant odor (petroleum products). The quality of the baits and their overall bass catching performance has served me well for more than a decade.

:;)

Over the years, I've used a number of different brands, however in the last year I've been using more from ***, and having great success.

Falcon

I pretty much just stick to a few brands I like. GYCB, Zoom, Roboworm, and Netbait (paca chunks) are all I really need.

ZOOM mostly but I am not exclusive by any means..  But I generally will toss a ZOOM plastic more ofthen than not...I just like the way they hold a hook and can get more than one fish out of them..

I'm an independent voter and don't vote party.

That said, based on the sheer number of winning lures, I have no choice but to give the nod to "ZOOM".

In addition, I commonly use soft-plastics manufactured by Gambler, Strike King, Yum, Culprit, Wave Worm, Yamamoto & NetBait.

Roger

I buy plastics from a lot of different brands, most all of them make some great baits. Zoom and Yamamoto are the most common baits in my arsenal though.

Hmmm......I use ***, Zoom, Yamamoto, Roboworm, yum, power bait, BPS....and have caught fish on all of them. Don't see the need to stick to one brand of plastic.