Sign in to follow this  
smallieking

lucky craft pointer vs rapala x rap

i love both of this jerkbaits and im having a hard time figuring out which one to use in most situations    just wondering what everyones favorite between the two is   thanks

I fish a pointer earlier in the season when a more subtle presentation is required.  Usually when a true jerkbait bite is going on with long pauses in between jerks.   The X rap is more effective when it can be worked more aggresively underwater hence, the fish need to be a little more aggressive so I wind up using it later in the spring season.

The X rap is a good jerkbait, but I think the Pointer is more versatile.

You can't go wrong with a pointer... anytime of the year.

I believe  the LC Pointer has better action, better quality and look much better than the x-rap! JMO!

Both lures have been proven to catch fish! So it all depends on what you are willing to spend on a lure!

I fish a pointer earlier in the season when a more subtle presentation is required. Usually when a true jerkbait bite is going on with long pauses in between jerks. The X rap is more effective when it can be worked more aggresively underwater hence, the fish need to be a little more aggressive so I wind up using it later in the spring season.

Exactly... 8-)

I'm going to have to go with the Pointer.  I have always been skeptical about a $20.00 bait, but I broke down and bought 2 of the Pointers and have not regretted the decision.  We have been catching striper, whites, and blacks off the same bait.  I have missed a few, but can't contribute that to the hooks, probably just a misguided fish :o.  Just the way the back of that bait moves makes that bait almost irresistable to those bad boys!

i catch most of my jerkbait fish on xrap and i do own most of the fancy japanese jerkbaits.

maybe its a confidence thing.

I have both x-raps and pointers. Both definately catch fish, but more often than not I find myself reaching for the pointer. They have better components and fantasitic colors. JMO!

i say the x rap. i can get 3 x raps for the price of 1 pointer. the pointers are more natural realistic colors, but i like the x rap. the jackall squadminnow is a good jerkbait too. it has a really wide jerk and stops fast. i throw x raps the most though

i'm cheap, but with all of the comments about the pointer i'm considering getting one to try it out.

My question is if you only had one color to choose that would cover the most situations which one would it be?

If it helps any I'm up in NH so my forage is goint to be different then the lakes full of shad down south

MS American Shad or Baby Bass if you prefer green.

8-)

i'm cheap, but with all of the comments about the pointer i'm considering getting one to try it out.

My question is if you only had one color to choose that would cover the most situations which one would it be?

If it helps any I'm up in NH so my forage is goint to be different then the lakes full of shad down south

Ghost Minnow.

If you fish super clear lakes I would get Clown color. If not American Shad.

The lucky craft pointer doesn't cut and dart quite as violently as the X - Rap. It has a better wobble for more subtle presentations though. But I love those X - Raps.