Sign in to follow this  
bass109

smithwick

Any one have luck with smithwick? I was never able to catch one fish with one.

post-2328-130162869946_thumb.gif

I've got a Rattlin' Rogue in blue/chrome, and if I remember correctly, I've never caught a thing on it.  I haven't used it too incredibly much though.

Floaters and suspenders, both terrific baits.  Early, early pre-spawn first with suspending Rogues, later with floaters.  Somedays you are only gonna get bit a few times, but they could be quality.  Black/chrome, blue/chrome, clown, Table Rock shad.

when there's a chop on the water and I want to fish topwater, my go-to bait is always a chrome/black Devil's Horse.  I also use the rogues quite a bit.

I use them in  the early prespawn. I have a system. I use mostly Suspending Husky Jerks for smallies and Rogues for largemouth. I have no rhyme or reason for this, its just what I do out of habit I guess. I have caught a lot of green bass on the Rogue in either black and gold or chrome and blue. For the Huskys my color of choice for smallies has always been Tennessee Shad and usually in the no.10 or 12. I use a down deep Husky as well.

I use them a bunch and catch a bunch using them. ;)

I've caught a few fish on rogues, but I never really caught on to what was so great about them. Since the pointers and xraps have been introduced to me, I've been a jerkbait maniac! I do have quite a collection of rogues and hope to give them another go this spring. To many people swear by these baits for me to completely dismiss them, and I feel that I owe it to myself to find out what I've been missing. Be on the lookout for me starting this thread up again in a couple months. ;)

KVD won the Classic using them and since they have been around for over 20 years I would say they are a good bait. I use them all the time and they work well for me.

Allen

great lure.  Works better for me in cold water with a suspending one.  I probably have about 20 of them.