Sign in to follow this  
andamtoft

favorite fishing baits

just want to see what others are using.

If I don't throw plastic I feel I didn't thoroughly fish the spot    :)

I'm with ya on that one catt  :)

My choices are plastics first, crank baits second, mostly because I dont mind losing plastics in trees and logs.  Losing my precious Rapala shad rap however makes me mad! >:)

If I don't throw plastic I feel I didn't thoroughly fish the spot :)

Yup!

If we're talking "favorite" as the way we prefer to catch Bass, then topwater presentations of any kind are the clear winner.  When they are going "on top", there is nothing else like it for us.  If, on the other hand we are talking "favorite" as the method that produces the most Bass for us, then plastics are miles ahead of anything else.

I cant not throw something plastic, its impossible for me.

I have watched guys that are good fishermen fish both ways,, run and gun and cover a lot of territory and catch quite a few fish.  However, it seems the guys that I know that catch the big ones, will find a spot and may sit on it for an hour, fishing every single inch of it, with plastics.  Most guys I know, wont fish that way.  However, I am learning to become a very patient slow down type fisherman.... This summer, my goal is to learn the dropshot and slow down my plastics presentations and hopefully catch one big hawg.

I'm with ya on that one catt  :)

My choices are plastics first, crank baits second, mostly because I dont mind losing plastics in trees and logs.  Losing my precious Rapala shad rap however makes me mad! >:)

i like to throw jigs and topwaters the best i guess.

yeah it does suck losing cranks, kinda like the lucky craft i lost this evening   >:)

Spinnerbaits are by FAR my favorite baits. I will use them just about anywhere and anytime. But i also use crankbaits, a Texas Rig, and a Shaky Head alot

My choices are plastics first, crank baits second, mostly because I dont mind losing plastics in trees and logs.

I am completely reverse! Fast moving baits like a spinnerbait or crankbait first then I disect the cover with a jig and or worm. I make fishing partners cringe at the places I will throw a $22 Megabass crank! :)

Allen