Sign in to follow this  
FishTank

Hats off to Chrysler.............

the automaker should be able to meet its job-cutting goals without antagonizing the United Auto Workers.

Call me a skeptic, but this looks like a well packaged deal for them, not the consumer.  It's all about the union, not you and I getting a deal.

The $2.99 agallon gas is a great marketing angle.  My guess is you will see other autmobile manufacturers making similar deals soon.

that's looks like a deal but to take that much money out of their account for gas they'll go out of business. I know that their trying to sell cars. I don't think that's going to get them anywhere. just my 2 cents

This is only for people who by cars up until June 2, 2008.  You are only talking about a gas promotion for cars that are sold between May2, 2008 and June 2, 2008.  There will be less than 150,000 cars sold by them during that one month.  Toyota just set a new record this moth selling 165,000 cars to over take General Motors.

The best thing Chrysler could do is build a car worth its own weight in dog sh**.  

The gas purchase is for a period of 3 years at 12,000 miles per year.  Most people will use the gas in 2 years or less.  Chysler would really have to go down fast for people not to able to cash in on this.

Good move by Chrysler. Cash in on the high gas prices! VERY good idea, whoever came up with it.

Ike ;) 8-)

Not going to do you any good when they go out of business.

x2

Plus if they really want to make a differance in there sells and bottom line they need to can the UAW there just sucking them dry, and take some lessons from Toyota and make a fuel efficiant and reliable vehicle

They may not lose as much as some people think. If you figure a car got 20mpg and gas is around 3.80 you only save 1480 over the 3 years if you actually buy gas for 12000mi per year.

I don't know if this is true or not but they said because of this they wouldn't offer other incentives. So if that is true they are probably better off than if they were to offer you something like 5000 cash back.

Just a thought.

Hey I wonder if you don't exceed the size of your cars tank if you could fill up the boat on that deal too.

chrysler is an expert at concepts that look good on paper, but in actuality, they blow.

if they want to help, make some decent autos that arent gas hogs, hell, i would even settle for just decent autos

Chrysler was one of the first to give longer warranity.  7/70, no american  owned car manufacturers came close to that at the time.

With the price of oil at all time highs, the Auto industry is gonna need lots of programs with incentives.

Lots of people are either selling the gas guzzleors or getting economy cars as well.

Jobs will never be the same in the Auto industry since automating has taken lots of jobs over the years.

They will do like the airline industry and buy gas futures.  Southwest has been paying just over a $1.00 per gallon until just recently due to their aggresive future contracs.