Sign in to follow this  
bilgerat

Internet, phone and tv

Right now my land line and internet are provided by Verizon. My cable tv is Comcast, who I'm quickly running out of patience with.

I can bundle with Verizon for a good price, but here's the kicker: Since FIOS is not available in my area yet (possibly never), Verizon's tv alternative for areas without FIOS is DirecTV.

Who out there has DirecTV and what's your opinion on it ? The advantage I see off the bat is it is almost triple the channels of Comcast's basic plan. My roof has a direct path to the sky, so I don't foresee any reception problems due to trees, buildings, etc. Is satellite reception on par with digital cable these days ?

Better yet, anyone have a Verizon bundle with DirecTV as the cable provider ?

What really gets me about Verizon is, they don't tell you WHEN FIOS will be available (if ever) they only tell you if your area has it or doesn't  >:(

Really grinds my gears because my family wants to get FIOS but it's not in my area  >:(

At present I'm bundled with Comcast, phone, cable and internet with no real complaints.  In the past I have had DSL, was ok but wasn't as good as cable.  I have had the Dish network, good picture but too many outages during windy weather, going stick with what I have.

Everytime I look at a smart phone I think to myself, what the hell do I need that for....haha.

Do you have at&t u-verse in your area? I switched to them 6 months ago with no complaints and they have some real good incentives with no contract. It's my understanding that direct tv requires signing a contract.

Do you have at&t u-verse in your area? I switched to them 6 months ago with no complaints and they have some real good incentives with no contract. It's my understanding that direct tv requires signing a contract.

I don't think they're around here, but it doesn't matter.

This gets better >:(

It seems I won't be able to get Flyers or Phillies games if I go with satellite because Comcast owns the station that has the broadcast rights here in the Philly area. It's been tied up in the courts for several years now with no end in sight. The satellite providers want to be able to offer it but Comcast are being *icks about it. Can you say m-o-n-o-p-o-l-y ?

At present I'm bundled with Comcast, phone, cable and internet with no real complaints. In the past I have had DSL, was ok but wasn't as good as cable. I have had the Dish network, good picture but too many outages during windy weather, going stick with what I have.Everytime I look at a smart phone I think to myself, what the hell do I need that for....haha.

This.

I had Direct TV for a few years when I live in AL, but it went out just about every time it rained. Completely useless in a weather emergency.

I've got a cable, phone, internet package thru Comcast right now and have no real complaints.

I have Comcast bundled right now, no complaints at all.  We had a bad connection outside the house in the lines which they fixed promptly.  We had a Verizon bundle (Direct TV, phone, and Internet) and when we moved, I called to move the accounts, got the confirmation numbers and off we go.  Problem was, instead of moving it, they just started new service at my new address, and kept the service going at the old address.  We couldn't get the phone service to work at the new address, it was because they kept sending the tech to the old address.  And then when I called, with the confirmation numbers, they had no record of the confirmation numbers.  So I cancelled all of it, after figuring out what was going on...or so I thought.  I just cancelled the Internet service.  It turns out you have to call their Internet dept, home phone dept, and Direct TV separately to cancel the services, which I did and, again, got the confirm numbers.  I got a bill a month later that the phone service was still on...and repeat. 

I know this is a worst case scenario, but it was a six month ordeal that ended up costing me about $500, and several hours on the phone to straighten out.  My coworkers still laugh about when the tech on the phone told me the confirmation numbers I had didn't exist; I kept it together right up until that point... >:(

I've had Fios, Dish Network, and 3 different cable co's..I now have Direct TV. I would say Fios have a better picture than all of them. Out of the rest of the providers, I'd go with Direct TV. Picture is pretty good, service is better than Dish and the cable guys, and the price is competitive.

I have had AT&T U-verse for the last year(Phone, Internet, and TV). Not one outage or complaint from me. Plus it saved almost a hundred dollars a month over the rest for comparable service and programing.

If DirectTV ever loses the NFL Ticket contract, they will become obsolete. Several family members have DirectTV and they all agree that it blows.

If DirectTV ever loses the NFL Ticket contract, they will become obsolete. Several family members have DirectTV and they all agree that it blows.

Two days of research and talking with friends and family have me convinced they ALL blow to one extent or another. Verizon will not reveal when or if Fios will be available in my area, they claim it will spark a counter advertising blitz from Comcast, the only other game in town around here. God forbid that to happen, the customers might actually get a deal for once. This sucks. I hate Comcast. I hope their board of directors all spontaneously combust

i though verizon had a press release that they weren't going to lay down more lines for fios so if you don't have now you never will. they weren't making enough money on it to justify spreading the network.