Sign in to follow this  
Redlinerobert

Reason enough to shop at Sears.

This was posted on Teamspeed.com

I know this is not PC to some (get over it), yet I think it is worth sharing. I have verified this at several levels and it is accurate.

I know I needed this reminder, since Sears isn't always my first choice. It's amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up for active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

I decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn

Sears Customer Care

From what I understand, Sears does this for up to 60 months. Pays the difference between their normal salary and what the military pays them plus maintains their benefits.

On a personal note, if I have two equally qualified persons applying for a job, the veteran will win out every time. My company, my rules.

^5 to Sears.  Have always known them to be a standup company regarding their employees and have heard positive stories going back decades.

My grandpa worked there for years. He has nothing bad to say about them at all. I heard this a long time ago. I didn't know if it was true or not.

I also don't have nothing bad to say about sears. I can go in the and get good info about what i am looking at. I don't think I have ever walked in one and asked about some thing and gotten we don't know. There was also once were I was looking for some thing. They didn't have the big enough air compressor I was looking for. I was told to give this shop a call. Not many place's do that any more. I even bent a 3/4 drive socket extension once with a impact gun. No questions asked.

95% of my tools are Craftsman.  In fact, I just took back a

15mm socket that cracked. Got a replacement immediately.

All my kitchen appliances are Kenmore.

There are other companies doing the same, incredible, most of them are not big wealthy corporations but practically mom & pop run companies. So: thumbs up for those who really support service men.

I believe Home Depot and/or Lowe's have the same kind of policy.

It's not new. They've been doing this for years.