Sign in to follow this  
bilgerat

Looks like the Capn' is walking the plank.....aaaaaargh !

Well I'll be darned! That used to be my favorite cereal. I know that tasty cake was going through a finical hardship and almost went under!

I think I might go buy a box just because. I have been eating cheerios all the time now since we buy them for my daughter who just started eating solid foods. Probably haven't had cheerios in a decade.

Now wait a minute.  If I read that right, they're still making it, just not marketing it.  Correct?

If that's the case, then they need to repackage it and sell it to a different market - perhaps as a snack item instead.

i thought the same thing as glenn, sounds like they're just not marketing it anymore.

i used to be in the cap'n crunch club when i was a kid. had a membership card and everything. true story.

Kix was always good at tearing up the roof of your mouth. Do they still make that?

Quisp

Kix was always good at tearing up the roof of your mouth. Do they still make that?

I think they still make kix, but it doesn't have the mouth cutting power of Captain Crunch.

What are they going to do with all of the 'crunchberry' trees?  Will they plow them under or find a way to make them into biofuel?

Just no longer marketing it to kids.  They just need to change their target audience - stoners, college kids and nostalgic middle aged men.

Cap'n crunch has about 21g of carbs. Special K Strawberry has 27. Let's ban that too, LOL. Its cereal guys - of course it has carbs!!!!!!

Without much effort and research one can easily notice that so many youngsters today are just too d**n fat.  With all the information right at our fingertips (on the boxes and packages) it's pretty simple to eat healthy.  I think parents should be more aware of what they are stuffing down their kid throats, not too mention their own as well.  The lowest carb cereal I'm aware of is Special k protein, 17 with 7 protein, a protein with carbs is important so I'm told.

Just no longer marketing it to kids. They just need to change their target audience - stoners, college kids and nostalgic middle aged men.

this ^

Yep. They have a honey Kix that's pretty good too.

do a youtube search for Curtis Cartwright, he has a skit on capn crunch its hilarious id post the link but they have youtube blocked here at work >:(