Sign in to follow this  
cwen

Horrible Classic coverage

Every year it sees the classic is saying they'll have more coverage and then don't. I can't get the live weigh-n because I don't have verizon. That I understand. But this morning, there was no river cam showing the launch, and no camera that they advertised that would follow Boyd Duckett all day. All that is showing is sportccenter highlights. I belive it is called basscast.

It's a shame. Imagine only being able to hear the Superbowl???? Who ever's fault it is...it just plain stinks. Show KVD's AOY footage again...that sound like a great idea to fill time. I don't care what anyone says about BASS or ESPN, or your ISP ...the whole concept of Classic coverage was BLOWN!!!!! Good thing is that I am going to Cabelas in a few hours to purchase some stuff, and gaze into the Fish Tanks....my eyes will be doing that thing ...like when people get hypnotized......AHHHHH BASSSSSSSSS. I am not in the money yet either for my work Classic pool......Double Rats!

Have a Blessed Day!

Agreed. and the tv coverage was awful too. Boyd Ducket is leading it and they didnt show one fish catch of his. They didnt show how clunn and kennedy are in aluminum, no Martens' fish catches, not many fish catches at all. They talked more about kim-baine moore and bill lowen than about bass.

Agreed. and the tv coverage was awful too. Boyd Ducket is leading it and they didnt show one fish catch of his. They didnt show how clunn and kennedy are in aluminum, no Martens' fish catches, not many fish catches at all. They talked more about kim-baine moore and bill lowen than about bass.

Totally agree. Ike, KVD, Baine, and Lowen were the only people they showed on the water each catching only one maybe two fish. What the hell, couldn't they have gotten all these background stories out of the way before the tourney and showed some people fishing?!

The day's heavy weights are shaking out like this:

Kelly Jordon: 19-10

Bobby Lane: 16-10

Mark Davis: 16-0

Mike McClelland: 15-12

Jami Fralick: 14-8

Agreed...ESPN's Coverage allways seems to suck until the last day when they are finally forced to cover the people who are actually catching the fish...They should have at least put a camera in Scott Rooks boat, hes the only qualifier who considers the Red River home turf.

Then Burley stirs the pot....Ahh...my Cabelas trip:

1. Excalibur Blue Chrome Lipless Crank Bait

2. Two Boo Ya Buzzers

3. 1 Double Prop Boo Yah Buzzer

4. 2 New storage compartments for cranks

5. Nice hat that has the back neck cover...light yet protective

6. Gummy worms for my little girl

Sweet!

What exactly do you people want? Bass fishing isn't a major sport. There just isn't a market for extensive coverage.

Be thankful for the 10 or so hours of coverage you get on ESPN2. It could be worse, you could be following FLW.

Were you complaining 10 years ago when you were lucky to get a one hour recap?

ESPN tried to cover bass fishing extensively.  The money wasn't there.  Like it or not, but we're lucky to get what we've got.

Burley-

I agree with what you stated about there not being the support from viewers to air it all on one of espn's 43 channels, but the fact remains there are quite a few ways in which we, the fans should be able to view the action. The simplest of which would be internet either in video format or audio. We all know the story with watching the video online this year, but to not even have the radio working? To drop the ball on the live update at the same time? Ron Burley, you know this phrase "Bush League"!!!!

Unless this event goes to a smaller Sports Chanel, you probably will be seeing even less. We all love bass fishing and a lot of the fellas here love the Classic also. In TV audience share and advertising dollars it does not compare to other sporting championships, not even close

I have to say, day 2 TV coverage was much better than day 1.  At least I saw some BASS this time.

ESPN Classic is running old CLassics all day long today....why can't they just have live updates every hour like they used to??? They already have this "unpopular" sport on all day anyhow!

I was surprised at how little fishing they showed... the day one coverage was incredible...  less than 10 minutes of actual fishing in the first hour!!  They had the footage, why not show it?  And to add insult to injury, the 2nd hour was a re-run of the first.  I didn't watch any more after that.