Sign in to follow this  
FishTank

Caught My First Double Digit Largemouth..........

Sorry, I don't have a pic but I hooked this monster yesterday when I was fishing some strip pits in the Indiana Greene Sulivan State Forest.  I got off the beaten path (I was lost) and found my self in place I was not supposed to be.  By the looks of the place I would say not anyone had fished it.  On my second cast I through out a Zoom Lizard and as soon as it hit the water, BAM.., I had her hooked.  I was using a Shimano Stradic with a St. Croix Avid M XFast and some 10lb Yo-Zuri Hybrid, both did their job perfectly.  I took about 10 min to get this fish in.  I was the best fight ever.  I just hope that I can find this pit again.

Congratulations!

10 lbs is a milestone. I hope you get another

soon and next time, post a picture!

8-)

You can't beat catching a DD but you've got to be slamming your head against the wall for not taking a camera.   ;)  I've forgotten my camera numerous times in the past but I always have my cell phone camera as a last resort now.  I rarely forget my cell.  Congratulations on your new PB!

Nice going man!

What'd she weigh?

I have fished down there a lot. You must have happened onto some private water. There is tons down there. Too bad to because most of the pits are way overfished. Once in a blue moon I get to go there with my buddy's uncle. He has permits to a bunch of private pits. Wow water that no one fishes rules.

A 10 in Indiana is a monster. Where you usually fish at down there.

A 10 in Indiana is a monster.

definitely!  congrats big time man.  what an accomplishment.

I have fished down there a lot. You must have happened onto some private water. There is tons down there. Too bad to because most of the pits are way overfished. Once in a blue moon I get to go there with my buddy's uncle. He has permits to a bunch of private pits. Wow water that no one fishes rules.

A 10 in Indiana is a monster. Where you usually fish at down there.

I was not to far from Pleasantville and I promised the old timer that tried to run me off not to give specifics, in return he let me fish there for the day.  

As far as a pic goes, I need to buy a pocket digital camera, especially since photography is my other hobby.  I just don't mix my two hobbies together.

As far as the size goes, 10lbs 2oz is what the cheap scale I have said but I thought it was heavier.  I am going to guess the on the length.  I had a 24in cooler with me which has a 24in ruler on top and this monster was about 5in longer than the cooler.  I was tempted to take it home but it wouldn't fit in the cooler (width and length).  I also got hit with some common sense and decided the best place for this fish was in a lake and not on my wall.

It is a memory that will stick with me forever.  It's just one of things that makes you love fishing.