Sign in to follow this  
ejtaylor822

Little girl's first fish

Happened a couple of weeks ago....

Had been refinishing my FIL's old trout rod - new guides and cleaned/refinished the cork. Was finishing up the sanding of the cork when my daughter walked up said that I was wokring on her rod - had been working on my wife's new one for a while and guess my little girl was feeling left out.

Anyway, she announced to my wife and I that it was her fishing rod and that she wanted to go fishing. Not missing an opportunity to fish, we took off down to the pond.

Well, I thought we should target the Bluegill but I guess she has bass fishing in her as she kept wanting to cast and retrieve - wouldn't let it sit still for anything.

AnaI.jpg

She actually did good for a while - can't sit still for anything - then she lost interest and started throwing stuff in the pond. I just sat there until I got a little nibble. Set the hook and called her over. She reeled it in and was thrilled to have caught her first fish. She had to pet it - even tried to kiss it. She wanted to take it home and play with it in the bath tub when she took her bath. Had to tell her that was probably not a good idea as fish did not need a bath.

Annasfirst.jpg

The cool thing is that my wife used this same exact rod and reel when she was a little girl to fish with her Dad. Was a great day.

Eddie

Oh yes, sorry, it was a Bluegill.

My wife just walked by and saw I had posted this. She wanted me to make sure that everyone knew she dressed herself that day (my little girl, not the wife  ;D ) - shoes on the wrong feet, color mismatch and the shirt is on inside out. Some battles just aren't worth fighting - clothes to go fishing in, at this point in life, is not one of them.

But, like I told my wife, we fisherman don't pay too much attention to the clothes.

My wife just walked by and saw I had posted this. She wanted me to make sure that everyone knew she dressed herself that day (my little girl, not the wife ;D ) - shoes on the wrong feet, color mismatch and the shirt is on inside out. Some battles just aren't worth fighting - clothes to go fishing in, at this point in life, is not one of them.

But, like I told my wife, we fisherman don't pay too much attention to the clothes.

thats really funny! whats funnier is, you're right, i didnt even notice! ;D

looks like you two had an awesome day! hope fishing is something that sticks with her and you two can fish together a lot in the future!

if she is into casting and retrieving, you should set her up with a gold or silver 3/16oz blue fox vibrax minnow spin. these lures are amazing. they will catch it all...bass, bluegill, crappie, pickerel, and whatever else is in the pond.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=15446&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

My wife just walked by and saw I had posted this. She wanted me to make sure that everyone knew she dressed herself that day (my little girl, not the wife ;D ) - shoes on the wrong feet, color mismatch and the shirt is on inside out. Some battles just aren't worth fighting - clothes to go fishing in, at this point in life, is not one of them.

thats really funny! whats funnier is, you're right, i didnt even notice! ;D

looks like you two had an awesome day!

X2! My wife used to point such things out as well!

I hope you printed out that first pic and put it in a frame. It is too perfect. The times I spend with my Dad fishing are the greatest moments of my life.

Happy Father's Day in advance  :)

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!! I have pics a lot like these of my 8 and 3 year old girls!  They are fishing junkies and they continue to make me proud!!!!  Time on the boat with them is the best times I've had fishing!  Keep it up and like previously posted "get a frame with that picture" you'll cherish it always!

I am inspired! I am going to get my little girl her first fish. i was actualy hoping to get her a big bed fish but I think that would be to hard. I might take her out in the bay and have her catch some slatwater bass. Those pics are awsome and I plan on doing the same.

Thanks for posting

Fun isn't it?  Funny how things change for you.  The one fish my daughter caught this year was more fun and exciting than all of the fish I have caught myself.

really cool post.  thanks for sharing that.  i know you are a very proud dad. :)

cool, I always enjoy seeing kids have fun fishing.  Congrats

Good job Eddie! The pics are awesome. It just keeps getting better & better. I have 2 girls (grown now) but I still have my pics & memories of when they caught their first fish. Keep up the good work!

Ronnie