Sign in to follow this  
TLBassin

Whats your go to bait this time of year?

My goto bait probably a tube bait or jig, till the water warms up a little more we keep having these darn cold spells :( in kansas after 4-5 days of 50-60 deegree weather :).

so far i've caught all my fish except a couple on green pumpkin brush hawg on a 4/0 ewg hook texs riged with a 1/16 to a 1/8 bullshot weight on a falcon cara cc 2-169l rod a daiwa fugeo reel spooled with 8 lb Pline cx premium, most fish have been under 2lb fishing from the bank (these so called lakes i've been fishing are really just ponds ;D)

Flat crankbait

Husky Jerk

Jig

Black & blue Micro Munch Jig w/ GYCB Fat Baby Craw 021 (black with blue flakes).

Beats me...I stink at cold weather bassin'. That and I DESPISE cold weather. >:( If the weather is unseasonably mild...deeper running crankbaits that stir up the bottom (in winter craw colors) and slow rolled baitfish colored spinnerbaits (usually 3/8 to 3/4 oz. , whatever in that range is working) with some beastly Colorado blades on 'em.

1/8 ounce and 1/4 ounce jigs.

I will fish a brush hog on a texas rig with a fairly light bullet weight(1/8-1/4) and a 4/0 wide gap hook. I will also dip the tails in garlic dip-n-glo..............