Sign in to follow this  
dixonfrank23

come catch me!

Hmmmpppffff...looks like the bait LBH and I use up here in New England livelining for Smallies.....

Seriously, there's no way I could get a bass like that in the boat....I'd have a freaking heart attack when I saw it as I went went to lip it, fall out of the boat, and drown.

What's the weight on that puppy?

21 pounds 11.2 ounces at dixon lake in san diego. ive seen her twice this year ill catch her in june i know where she lives hahahahahaha!

Guest avid

That fish is just one trout stocking away from being the new world record.  Someone is going to mighty rich and famous.  Tell you what, I'll take the rich, you can have the famous  ;D

Drag a live Crawfish across the bottom and fish on. You hook a fish like that in any other place than Cali and your lines broke. Especially in the South, South East. Over there in Cali it's like fishing in a pool. No stumps or pads to give the Bass something to wrap around. If we hookup with a World record in the S or SE  we'll never get a chance to find out. WRAP & SNAP!!!  :'(

she was on the nest and the guy threw everything at her but she wouldnt bite! untill he saw her chaseing fish off then he trew a swim baite like 20 time till shee took it! and this was caought last year so she is the world records nowww!!!!

Not to be a doomsayer, but...

I'd bet even money that the bass died from stress within 24 hours of being caught, :'( handled, etc. Nobody is to blame though, 'cause ya' gotta have a picture of one like that.

Being a Cali bass, I assume she was eaten, in a politically correct manner, by the rare species of turtle known to frequent Cali waters (Snapperus Demoliberalis Nutcasus). You can bet the turtles selected a great wine to accompany the meal.

Of course, the turtles felt guilty after dinner and swore to become vegans and join PETA ;).

F.Rod

That is Jed Dickerson, that bass was the same one that Mike Long caught a while before. They identified it by a dark spot she had. Sorry to pop your bubble, but that fish was found floating shortly after she was released. Also, didn't Jed catch that like 2 years ago?  Don't take my word for it, go read the book Sowbelly, its all in there.

jed dickerson caught her! and the floating fish thing that was a rumor and still is! i asked the rangers that work there and there is no proof that she was floating! they say its a rumors and i also talked to jed 2 days after he caught here and he didnt say nothing that it was found floating!

im sorry ! i read the artical and if its true im stupid! but still there is alot of fish 15+ in that lake soon  i will catch the world record!

she was on the nest and the guy threw everything at her but she wouldnt bite! untill he saw her chaseing fish off then he trew a swim baite like 20 time till shee took it! and this was caought last year so she is the world records nowww!!!!

Read the article, Mike Long found the fish and it involved scale samples.  You also said it was caught last year, that fish in your picture was caught in May of 2003.  Plus, you are off on your weight, it came in at 21.70

Not to be a smart *** here, but I wanted to defend dixon a little bit. 21.7 pounds converts to 21lbs. 11.2oz. If you take the decimal weight times 16 gives you the lbs/oz. That is unless it was 21lbs. 7oz.

Never thought of that!  Thanks for the math lesson.  It doesn't change the fact that the guy's whole story is BS.

Here's another confirmation for the date that bass was caught. We've had that picture at work for a while now and I'm willing to bet I have the Bassmaster magazine with the article of Jed's catch!

All right guys, he said "UNCLE", give him a break.

That's enough.

BTW, Upnorth, great research. I have been following this story, too.

Thank you RW!  Guys in here can get pretty wrapped up in these forums sometimes.  And to dixon...Keep looking because with that kind of passion you just might be "the one".

Sorry Frank, did some more checking.  That fish was caught in May of 2003.  Mike Long caught her April 27, 2001.  She weighed 21.70 and was confirmed found dead.  Here's the article, with the same picture you posted. "

i was right all along it was a rumor that the fish was found dead! the fish caught at dixon was the same caught by jed it didnt die !!!!!!!

Go Frank!

You shut 'em up good (the nay-sayers and doubting Thomases).  Now we all know just how hearty those Cali bass are.  Go get her Frank!