Sign in to follow this  
Madhouse27

Match Fishing Update

In case anyone is interested here's a little update on this season's Ultimate Match Fishing show. Five of the six first round tournaments have been held with only Jimmy Houston vs. Rick Clunn left to go. That one will air next week. So far here is what has transpired. Paul Elias defeated Peter Thliveros, Mike Iaconelli beat Tom Mann Jr., Dean Rojas sent Edwin Evers packing, Tim Horton took care of Marty Stone and in what can only be described as a good old fashioned butt whooping Luke Clausen humiliated Gerald Swindle....final weight 14.14lbs to -.8 (yes that's negative point eight as in less than zero). Unlike his friend Marty Stone who took his beating like a man, Gerald chose to complain, pout and make snide comments to Luke throughout the competition. Those who remember Swindle's treatment of veteran Zell Rowland in the infamous "troll under the bridge" exchange will know what I'm talking about. Luke Clausen didn't have much to say...his limit in the first half hour did his talking for him. Once the winner of Houston/Clunn is decided we will have our quarterfinal match ups. What a great show.

Man I wish I got that show here where I live.

You all make sure to be watching it about a year from now, I got an email just last week from the producers of the show saying they are thinking of starting a college version of the show for summer '07.

I saw that episode with Luke and Gerald. I hated to see Gerald act like that but I enjoyed the show. Luke sure didn't seem to sweat it at all so I guess it's all good.

I saw the Swindle/Clausen match.Swindle has lost my support.He is a crybaby.What was cool to me is Luke fished the same pattern I found myself on Barkley except I use a 5/16 oz. jig.I'm suprised he didn't catch a bigger sack than he did.I also noticed where the quarter finals were going to Guntersville.

I can't wait to see Houston vs. Clunn.I think it is going to be a good un'.

I think Swindle has become all bark and no bite lately.  He is alittle too much of a trash-talker for me and pouts and wines when he loses.  Although he can come up with some pretty funny catch-phrases.  Clausen is alot more layed back and has a better attitude about things so I am glad that he won.  Thanks for the update it trully is a great show.

I always liked Swindle and still do but was disappointed in the way he behaved during the match , I wish he would address this publicly. I never cared much for Clausen but after the match I respect him more. I have a different opinon of them both after the match.

what channel is it on?

The Outdoor channel.

I think this Houston vs. Clunn matchup is going to be more competitive than it appears on paper. With the short time format anything can happen. If Jimmy gets the spinnerbait bite going it could certainly put some pressure on the reigning champion. If nothing else we will see some mutual respect and good sportsmanship between these two legends.

yeah he did an awful lot of whining... and talking trash about wearing a skirt was just plain disrespectful... I am sure a lot of folks will think he is jerk after that show

just my .02C worth

AL

I saw that episode with Luke and Gerald. I hated to see Gerald act like that but I enjoyed the show. Luke sure didn't seem to sweat it at all so I guess it's all good.

That's why they call him "cool hand Luke". ;)

Swindle is just practicing for his debut into "WWF".  He's probably going to need to bulk up a little first though.

Madhouse,

Thanks for the update. I get the channel but, never get to see it. I need to make a note to watch the last few matches. The Houston v Clunn should be awesome.

I saw Gerald whine about how "these guys are using all this tiny 2" worms and 2lb test..." something about wearing a skirt, etc. etc.

If you are there to win, do what you need to win, whether it's a 8" swimbait in the Delta or dropshotting a 3' handpour on Barkley. Jeez.

Gerald is funny, I remember him saying "you can put your shoes in the oven but that doesn't make them biscuits." Yeah, and whining and trash talking doesn't change the fact you got stomped, either. ;D

I remember the troll thing with Zell, too. Right by the 86 bridge on Table Rock where that happened is hit by everyone, Gerald, even me.

When does the show usually come on???

KYBass

7:00pm Monday nights on the Outdoor Channel

I agree g-man made himself look like a fool acting like that. After hearing him talk about junk fishing is where I really picked it up and he made junk fisherman look bad. He should be ready for anything without the whine! Luke should have asked him about the cheese ;D to go with it. L uke impressed me again like winning a classic doesn't do it  ::) I think Rick vs jimmy should be good and agree that respect will be shown.

Stroz

Yeah i saw the episode and liked the whole premise of the show except for how swindle cried alot, it really is exciting, how long has it been going on for? i think i heard it started last year, who win if thats the case? i really like swindle but sometimes enough is enough, what i couldnt stand was that fact he explained he's a power fishermen and how luke wasnt, stop whinning all of us amateurs change our styles up if we have to, or if theres no bite on the regular way we fish, we adapt and switch it up, LEARN to ADJUST swindle, your a professional act like one and get the job done

Masdhouse- you're in New England, I'm in New England but I don't get that channel.  ???????

What cable carrier do you have?

What a drag.

I get it on adelphia. it's a great show .

Stroz

Russ I have Adelphia, which according to today's mail is now Time Warner Cable. The Outdoor Channel is considered a "premium" channel so they whack me an extra couple of bucks a month for it.

Thats just how Swindle is (I cant stand him). Check out the article in the Jul/Aug Bassmaster about Carolina rigs and hes doing the same 'holier than though' shittyattitude (he calls it a quitters bait). Hopefully his 15 minutes is about up and he can go be a boat salesman somewhere.

Thats just how Swindle is (I cant stand him). Check out the article in the Jul/Aug Bassmaster about Carolina rigs and hes doing the same 'holier than though' shittyattitude (he calls it a quitters bait). Hopefully his 15 minutes is about up and he can go be a boat salesman somewhere.

I can understand why a lot of people feel the way they do about Swindle ...he's darn cocky with a bad smart mouth ....But bad attitude and all , he's a pretty good fisherman and if he could fix his personality flaws he would do much better with his fishing ...And i think he came in 3rd or 4th in the American yesterday ,,,, I sometimes wonder if he understands that if he would control his mouth he would have a lot more fans pulling for him ....Being from the south , i like to see southern boys do good on the BASS trail .....

This "GOOD OLE BOY " needs to wake up and smell the fans before they are all gone ....

Yall have a nice day !