Sign in to follow this  
Shakes

New World Record Bass (25.1 lbs)

oh wait, did they give it to him? i knew it was controversy since march because it was foul hooked.

******, Do a search for World Record Bass or look at the post for the two weeks after that fish was caught and you will get more than the whole story.

George Perry still rules,but I don't think he will for much longer.

Very true.  ;)

Like, oh my god... that info. is like... so last week!   LOL  Just playin. ;D

The record might not fall with that fish. Remember the guy that found her fished for her for 11 hours the day before. Then the guys that actually hooked it fished for her for 6 hours or so. And since it was foul hooked, it may have never actually struck at the lure. Maybe its the largest bass for a reason :-/ It don't eat stuff with sharp metal pieces!!! :D

When you guys say foul hook, is that like snaring a fish, where it doesn't eat the lure but you hook it in the stomach or side or something?

A foul hooking is when the fish is hooked anywhere but the mouth. Weakley's bass was hooked just below the dorsal fin.

That's all old news and that dead horse got more than beaten...it got turned into a mushy pulp. I will say this though, George Perry's WR Bass will not stand much longer. It could fall next season. Someone in either California or Mexico will break that record. I believe it will happen in Cali. The conditions out there are just right for churning out LARGE bass.

Yeah and they've been saying that since I was alittle boy ::)

I don't think that fish he's holding is even real!?

Field and Stream had an article these guys have entered several record bass close to 20lbs....all from this one lake??????? :-?

Wow we've found heaven,it's alittle lake in the middle of no where..RIGHT!

This was all over all the boards I am a member of, and it was on tv, and it was in bassmaster magazine.  Well where I come from its not considered snagging if you dont do it intentionally at least he was honest. :)

Don't care where she is caught from, just want a record nobody doubts.

Theres enough skeptism in Mr. Perry's record and until that ones gone, its always gonna make for good discussions.

I also don't understand having people say the new record fish will be killed tobe  verified.    Texas state record fish wasn't killed to be certified.

matt

I also don't understand having people say the new record fish will be killed tobe  verified.    Texas state record fish wasn't killed to be certified.

Matt, I also don't understand that. Has the IGFA said they want a corpse?

Nowhere in the IGFA regulations says that you have to present a corpse but if it is required in case there 's a dispute or the IGFA smells something fishy is going on it may kill the animal to perform a necropsy in search of foreign objects to ballast the animal. Obviously that some records require the animal to be killed to be presented, you can 't take a 4+ ton white shark alive to be weighted.

Some of the articles written with Mac mentions that, and I believe it was Ray Scott of all people talking about he failed to produce a corpse for the IGFA.

Other articles as well, which I don't understand the need for an full blown autopsy.     Medical technology has come to far to kill something that has been persued since 1932, the next world record Bass.

Matt.

The bass from Miramar that the lady caught was killed that had 2.5 lbs of diving weights in the stomach which was concluded as she couldn't have placed those weight in that bass because the weights had algae growth on them.

Matt.

And that wasn't IGFA who did that.