Sign in to follow this  
paparock

Catch and Realease Net Question

I am wanting to find a really good net for those times I need one that will give the bass the best chase of survival for catch & release. I can't always hand land them so which specific models have you found the least damaging to the fish to aid in their recovery after realease? I know I want knotless but any others specifics will be helpfull.

Have you considered the Boga Grip, it may be another option

I'm new to this tool and I found it quite difficult to use with pike (they're reluctant to open thier mouth).

But used for bass, the Boga Grip works really well and doesn't remove any antiseptic slime.

(by the way, the bluefish in my avatar is on a chatillon scale, before the advent of the Boga Grip)

Roger

I use the B.A.S.S. rubber net available through Bass Pro Shops.  Excellent net.  As an added benefit, tt's telescopic and hooks don't get tangled.

Thanks for the help. I try to not remove a fish from the water or handle it any more than needed to release it but sometimes you just have to bring them aboard for some TLC before release.

Nothing to talk about...a rubber net is the bomb!

You can weigh the fish in the net and it NEVER has to come out of the water except for a quick picture.

Glenn's suggestion is EXACTLY what you need.

i was always against using nets because i heard that they can be detrimental to the fish's health. but then i found the rubber net and its glorious