Sign in to follow this  
benito

Question -  Can you fly with tackle/lures/hooks?

Hey Folks-

Flying this weekend, and am hoping to bring my tackle box (no knives, but would like to bring lures, worms, hooks)

I'm not checking-on anything, so hoping I'll be allowed to bring this Carry-on. Do y'all know if this is allowed?

Again, only bringing small/medium sized lures, hooks, and worms.....

Thanks-

BEN

ive done it but that was pre 9/11... i know people who have done it post 9/11 as well but also people who have been stopped for it.  short answer is it really depends on the flight and the security. if i were you i would ship it to where your staying. cost like $5-8 and you'll have it no problem

funny you should ask this as i just got home from leave and flying with my lures....but you have to check them i just put all my softplastics and hook lures in there and didnt have a problem except that i had barely any clothes in there haha. but a guy on here told me they stopped him and took everything with hooks from his carryon. so you might want to check those.

Check your tackle or send it via UPS to where you are going.

WRB

Just check it. Better safe than sorry.

Or you could call the airline and ask them...

WRB

Agreed, if you have high end stuff, it's (sadly) probably safer to ship it than to check it.  USPS has flat rate boxes that ship via priority mail, they're decently fast. You can insure it too.

I've carried them on twice in the past year and a half.  The first time, they didn't even notice.  The 2nd time I was "interviewed", searched, and finally allowed to continue.  Ever since I've put it in my checked baggage or shipped it with no problems.

I've carried them on twice in the past year and a half. The first time, they didn't even notice. The 2nd time I was "interviewed", searched, and finally allowed to continue. Ever since I've put it in my checked baggage or shipped it with no problems.

Where's that video? Did you have them say Y'all on Bass Resorce.com?  ;)

WRB

I also have shipped tackle via UPS.IMO this is the easiest,you also have the option to insure it.Dont take any chances ;)