Sign in to follow this  
wavewalker

is this a night thing

I have checked several translation websites and no meaning could be found.Please repeat the post in a language.Any language will do.

I'm close.  I think he wants to know if there's no topwater bite at night,  he finds that the old countdown way (method) still produces.  Anyone have the same experiences?

(anyone know what the countdown way is?)

Isn't the count-down method where you count the seconds until the bait hits the bottom?

Then, if you get hit between the surface and bottom you know where the fish are staging.

If no bites on topwaters, try the next water column with a spinnerbait or a crankbait and then keep going deeper until you are tearing up the bottom with a deep diving crankbait.

Or, throw a shaky head or drop-shot to try to find them.

Good luck.  :)

Some dinasours were as big as chickens.

Some dinasours were as big as chickens.

I think I know what he means...

Back in the day, Compsognathous made great MegaMicropteroichthys bait, topwater or count down (using a 1lb stone). Trouble is Glenn, ('cept for you and a few others here) most of us were just a gleam in the eye of some proto-mammal back then. So, how do you rig that stone? I do have a rubber chicken.

wavewalker, cabin fever seems to be setting in around here, please clarify. Lots of night fishers here.

Isn't the count-down method where you count the seconds until the bait hits the bottom?

Then, if you get hit between the surface and bottom you know where the fish are staging.

If no bites on topwaters, try the next water column with a spinnerbait or a crankbait and then keep going deeper until you are tearing up the bottom with a deep diving crankbait.

Or, throw a shaky head or drop-shot to try to find them.

Good luck. :)

Good reply; however what do you mean by staging? Do mean suspending? Bass only stage when moving up from pre spawn to spawn, where I live for example.

We all talk a different language from region to region, the question may have been simply stated.

One of the best night lures is the plastic worm, Texas rigged. Try Berkley's black power worms at night, when the bass are not hitting your top water lure.

WRB

easy folks! thanks for the re-direction glen...

ilike tofish.at forcatfish it'sfun togitaway fromtheboatand the pressure andrekreeational boaters.

Sorry, but I just had to jump in! There should be a sticky about these kind of posts and what will happen when they show up!!

i like to fish at night.but when theres no towater bite.ican get more fish on old count dwon way any fish.any body

how to night fish:

Fish the same way you do during the day..... at night. That is all.

According to my 1968 Craker Jack Box Decoder ring

he wants to know ;

If there is a topwater bait at night ;D

Try this , it is HIGHLY SUCESSFUL FOR ME

5/8 ounce Black Jitterbugs> Throw them in and around shore cover but even more sucessful over grass beds especially if the grass and or weeds like Hydrilla/Coontail tops are less than 2 to 3 feet right under the surface. A s steady retrieve that works well is best: you should here a bloop-bloop-bloop kind of sound on your retrieve.

This is not the only way to fish topwater at night, but it is a good starting point and very effective.