Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

Hooked on Bass- National geographic special

Tonight at 8 on natgeo.

Covers everything from weekend warriors, tourny guys, pros and trophy hunters.  Video of what appears to be Wheatley's bass?

I saw it a couple weeks ago.  They did have video of Weakley's bass from lake Dixon.  The entire trophy hunters part of the show is about those guys.  

I taped it last time, I urge you all to tape or watch this program. It took my cabin fever to defcon 5,I have to go fishing ASAP after watching this show. Enjoy

I also recorded it when it aired last time.  It was very interesting and the underwater footage was great.  I even bought the book Sowbelly after watching the segment on the trophy hunters.

Just set DVR. Thanks for the reminder. Missed it last time around.

I missed it last time, thanks for the reminder   :)

AH SHUCKS! Forgot your on eastern time Russ. I missed it... :-[

According to the Nat Geo Channel website is going to air again Monday March 2 at 0800. I'm not sure which time zone but you have time to figure it out.

Great show guys! Loved it. Course my wife had to almost restrain me from grabbing a pole, and taking my boat to the lake afterwards, LOL.

I definitely got the fishing bug BAD this year.

Great show.  Enjoyed the part on the trophy hunters - I don't have that kind of patience.

The world record aspect was probably the best part about that show. Really brought to life the guys involved who prior, were only pictures on magazine pages or internet pages.

What a shame they snagged that fish.

It aired again last night and I watched it. Loved the trophy hunter part too. Also liked seeing that 6 lber eat another 14 in. bass!

Taped it on my DVR and watched it yesterday while exercising on my spin bike. EXCELLENT program that I most certainly will SAVE to watch many times over AND have my WIFE watch so she can get a better understanding of why I have such a passion for fishing. Segments on Dottie were SUPERB but very SAD to me. One ray of hope: where there's one giant bass, there's bound to be another lurking somewhere near. I gotta get up to Dixon a few times this year:o) RIP, Dottie!! You certainly were an inspiration and motivation for those 3 guys and should be for all of us!

After watching the program I REALLY want to get back out there and start hookin 'em:o)

Last week I ordered a bunch of stuff from BPS to get me ready for this season's bass fishing. I plan to start getting back out there in a week or two (or as soon as my new H3 pontube arrives or I can get my old one repaired). Weather here in So Ca has been in the 80's the last several days and I'm anxious to go!!

I really enjoyed watching this show, but I wish they would have spent a little time on those that do not fish for the sole purpose of breaking records and winning money. The show contained a lot of amazing underwater footage, which I found most enjoyable. It was a blast to watch in HD.

I too watched the show this past weekend after hearing about it on these boards.  My wife, youngest son, and my neice and her fiance watched part of it with me as well.  They were really interested in learning about the current record bass and were amazed at the size of Dottie.

The part I enjoyed the most was the underwater scenes.  They were absolutely awesome!

If anybody has this taped and can make a copy, dvd or vhs, I would love to see the show. I currently don't have cable at my apartment, between school work, paining lures, and fishing I really don't have the time for most of the pointless stuff on tv. Do miss sports though.

PM me if you can help.

Thanks

I wish I could watch this...Don't have Nat. Geo. here on the basic cable and it's never on when I am at my parents home to watch it on Direct TV....    :(

You can watch the special online at nationalgeographic.com go to the videos and search Hooked on Bass.

Just a question, does anyone know if there is somewhere on the net where it might be watched?

I just got layed off and so did my girlfriend, we are on a pretty tight budget right now and I dont have that channel on my cable package.

Its everything we can do to keep internet access to job hunt and deal with our unemployment stuff.

Cyas,

D

On the Nat Geo site you can only watch like 3 minutes of it. Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing.