Sign in to follow this  
SweenDog67

New From Northeastern Pennsylvania

I am a 43yo male who was born with a pole in my hand. (insert joke here). I mainly fish from a float tube in local reservoirs with my newest fishing buddy my 9yo son. Are fishing locations are for the most part off limits to most anglers. Even I have conflicting opinions on this but I have been fishing them since I was 8 and will continue to do so. There are an abundance of these locations within a 30 mile radius from my home but I confine most of my daily fishing to about 5 of them. I fish an average of 4 days a week but have been known to get 7 in 7 from time to time. Early morning and early night are my main time slots but I have no problems fishing days either. I fish mainly for both Large and small mouth bass but also hit crappi, native and stock trout. I love the pickrell in our area as well as muskies and the occasional northern pike. I love hitting Lake Wallenpaupack for hughe cats and stripers as well. I also live just a few miles from the Suscuhanna River and enjoy all the fish it has to offer. Smallies, Walleye, Muskies, Cats, and one of my favorite river fish, the giant carp. Sure they smell, but d**n there fun. Like I have said, for the most part you'll find me and the boy float tubbing a resi for some slammer bass. This is why I choose to fish where I do. I practice catch and release at these locations unless the fish is mortally injured or I am going to eat some fish that day. All trophies are photoed and returned to their homes. I have n understanding with the security guards of these fishing spots. I won't bring the troops, I will never litter or have an open fire, I will report any wrong doing or report anyone trying to launch a boat or remove large numbers of game fish. Respect is the key here. I am hoping to learn many new tips, tricks and techniques at this forum. Remaining teachable is a fishermens best bait. If you can put up with my spelling and pucuation errors I may have much to offer as well. For now keeping it simple is my best advice. Staying with baits you feel comfortable with is a priceless tip espically with the market overwhelming us with so many products. I am looking forward to meeting many new friends here. If it takes me awhile to answer any messages just bare with me, I'm probably fishing.... :D

Welcome Home!

Welcome to the site man.. I am also from NE PA. I live about a mile away from Beltzville so I spend a lot of my time there. The spelling and punctuation errors won't bother me. If you want to fix your spelling errors it is very easy. When typing a message top right corner of the message box is a check spelling link. Just click that link and it will highlight all the misspelled words in red, then all you need to do is click the highlighted word and choose the correct spelling. I hope to learn from you and maybe we can talk about some local waters!

Welcome to the best fishing site on the net.

Falcon

Welcome to BR from California. Nice bunch of guys here with loads of knowledge to share.

BassnMan Mike

Welcome aboard!

8-)

Welcome SweenDog67! I'm in the WaterGap outside Milford. I'll be hitting the river soon for some early SMB. PM if you want to fish sometime.