Sign in to follow this  
Bass Bro

What are Bass hitting right now?

Anything that floats or moves in the water.  ;)

And never discount plastic's..i.e. worms, craws, lizards, ect. I would toss a dropshotted senco or Carolina or t rig a finesse worm..

Yesterday and today I caught them with a Senko, spinnerbait, Chatterbait, Trap, King Shad, finesse worm, and a Trick worm.

I am using chartreuse and/or white Booyah spinnerbaits with success. My best this spring was an eight pounder on a pop-r about a week ago. I'll use those again in the morning, but I'll also try weight-free texas rigged pink floating worms, and in general throw everything but the kitchen sink. I have been itchin' to throw a buzzbait lately and I'm sure to tie one on early.

It all depends on your water temp  ;).  I don't know what the surface temp is in NC, but if I knew....I could give you a good idea as to what they might be biting.

P.S. I hope you and your fish survived the tornado scare tonight.

I've done best so far on senkos, flukes, sluggos, and poppers.

I catch a few on this and a few on that, just can't seem to figure out what they want. The conditions seem to change every day. The lake is up, it is down, the barometer the same, the wind changes directions every day and we keep getting one front after another. Most unsettled spring weather I can remember.

I caught five largemouth today. All were in less than 10 feet of water & every one absolutely hammered a white Boo-yah spinnerbait. One gold willowleaf w/ one small silver colorado blade. Red strike king trailer hook.

BOOYAHH!!!!!!    ;) ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

all of my bass this year have been on senkos

X2    ;)

Earlier in the year I was catching them on jigs and spinners. In the past couple of weeks they have started hitting t-rigged plastics in a couple of ponds that I fish.

Right now I have had the majority of my success on a Black/Blue swim jig with a rage chunk also in blue.

Fish were hitting it swimming it thru cover and off the rocks. Swimming it got some hits but the largest fish both 2-2.5lbs come off the rocks crawling with slowly with a occasional lift and drop.