Sign in to follow this  
BamaHawgHunter

Paca Craws

I purchased some Paca Craws to try out.  The instructions on the pack said to fish'em weightless for best results.  So I t-rig the craw with a Gamakatsu EWG 3/0 hook. All the craw did was float on top of the water and never sank. Is this the way the lure is suppose to be fished or am I doing something wrong??  Any advice on how to properly fish this bait??

I fish them all of the time and I never had that happen. Use a very light weight, they work just as well. These may be the very best soft plastic bait you can buy.

Add a pegged bullet weight.  Otherwise, getting them to any depth is a pain.  

they do float, and you can buzz them, this can be very good at times. I also fish them on a 1/16th to a 1/4 oz weight. they are very good to be swam also. all in all a very good bait, they will catch non agressive fish.

These are all good idea's, also fish them on a C-rig for deep summer bass! Or post spawn at the outside of the flats.The Baby Paca's are geat too! ;) Another good way to fish them is with a inside tube weight, like the EZ tube weight made by Lindy!

I've had good luck with these my first few times out this year throwing them with a 1/4oz bullet weight.  Great bait, but slimy as all hell and why do they smell like black licorice?

I've had good luck with these my first few times out this year throwing them with a 1/4oz bullet weight. Great bait, but slimy as all hell and why do they smell like black licorice?

They have a pork sent and salt cooked in them!  I still think that they should make a after shave with this sent! ;D ;D ;D ;)

why do they smell like black licorice?

Anise oil.  

I would almost eat one myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Paca Craws are great jig trailers, but personally, I prefer the

Baby Paca Craw.

8-)

These are great baits but a little flimsy. Fantastic action. As they are hollow, the might have a tendency to float. I've been using the Rage Craw more and more and liking it more and more.

I recommend the Baby Paca Craw on a 1/4 football jig.  When you hit the rocks, it'll swivel up like a real crawfish, and 1/4 is light enough to have plenty of action.

I use a brush guard on the football jigs (no skirt) but it's important the brush guard color matches the craw color.  Not just the football head, but the brush guard as well.

The Paca Craws are big fish baits period! You can fish them on Jig Heads in deep or shallow water. You can fish them t-rigged in creek mouths and catch nice keepers.

The best way to fish a Paca Craw in my opinion is to fish it T-rigged flipping\pitching into tops and structure in deep and shallow water. I have caught numerous 6lb+ fish on this rig. The best time to throw this is pre-spawn and spawn. If you fish it in open river water, it works just about year round.

The Paca Craws are big fish baits period! You can fish them on Jig Heads in deep or shallow water. You can fish them t-rigged in creek mouths and catch nice keepers.

The best way to fish a Paca Craw in my opinion is to fish it T-rigged flipping\pitching into tops and structure in deep and shallow water. I have caught numerous 6lb+ fish on this rig. The best time to throw this is pre-spawn and spawn. If you fish it in open river water, it works just about year round.

I agree 100%, I could not have said it any better! But the baby paca also gets them big mama's!