daiwa junkie

Anyone Like Or Dislike Daiwa Tierra Spinning Reels

I was at bps and it seemed like the one to buy, as it seemed the smoothest to me. I want to put 15 pound braid on it , and use it mostly for light jigs. If you have advice on which size reel is best for that app, or if you have had one, and found something that is smoother and casts better i would be thankful for the advice, thanks in advance.

All sizes cost the same, for that lb test braid I would go with a 2000-2500 size, fil it up halfways with mono backing and spool the rest with braid. Larger reels have alrger diameter spool and larger drag washers, some may say a 1000 size would be ok and it will be ok, however I prefer larger spool and filler line to create the shallow spool effect. BTW, even though I´m a Shimano/Daiwa man when it comes to spinning reels I prefer Daiwa over Shimano, Daiwa spinning reels are super silky smooth and have great anti line twist system.

I own a couple tierra 2500's. Have had one for 3 yrs and the other 2 yrs with no problems. Caught lots of stripers this past winter when lg mouth were slow. Using 8 lb mono several were over 5 lbs. Had to rely on drag a lot and they never failed. Absolutely love them. Not to mention the "mudfish" slash bowfin that frequent our rivers. No problems with failing gears. I just purchased a shimano saros 2500f this past weekend and fell in love though. They are the same price. I like the tierras but probably gonna go shimano from here on out

The only real beef I have is the bail arm is almost plastic like.I've actually digged groves into that arm from my line.

I'm a Daiwa spinning fan through and through.Daiwa will spoil you.

I have Daiwa exceler,Daiwa tierra,Daiwa fuego.Those are my spinning reels. ;)

I have a tierra 3000 I use for inshore use. Fairly smooth, well built, drag is adequate, best feature is that I have NEVER had a wind knot in a years use. I cannot make that claim even about my favorite spinning reels.

I was at bps and it seemed like the one to buy, as it seemed the smoothest to me. I want to put 15 pound braid on it , and use it mostly for light jigs. If you have advice on which size reel is best for that app, or if you have had one, and found something that is smoother and casts better i would be thankful for the advice, thanks in advance.

sent you a pm

Never used one in freshwater for bass, however used one in Floridia and caught a couple of nice fish on it. It performed great and I was very impressed. That being said, it seems like the way to go.

It is a nice reel, I got mine used, but a gentleman on here informed me that tackle warehouse has them for $99. For that price, or even $120, i think it cant be beat for that price, i dont wish i had another reel, it serves it purpose perfectly

I have a Tierra 2500 and love this reel, i am not a big spinning or Daiwa guy (Shimano mainly) but they hit a home run with this one. Check all the features vs other reels.

Daiwa Tierra 2500- Love at first fight.

Great drag, no wind knots.use 3 times a week for past two seasons.