Sign in to follow this  
BriBass

Xcalibur xr50

Well im convinced to pick up a couple because of great reviews.. im not experienced with lipless crankbaits... What colors would you guys suggest??

And if you have had experience with these and wouldnt mind sharing how you fished them feel free! :D

thanks

BB

Chrome black, Chrome Blue, Black Gold, Red Craw, Foxy Shad. These are the colors that I use and they all produce great. The XR50 is one of my favorite lures to use.

Thanks!!

Also, does it matter if its the bleeding ones or not? I got chrome blue and chrome black one of each in bleeding and not, at my dicks... Do you think im good with those colors?

The difference is like 4 small red tick marks by the "gill" and then red hooks...

BB

Thanks!!

Also, does it matter if its the bleeding ones or not? I got chrome blue and chrome black one of each in bleeding and not, at my dicks... Do you think im good with those colors?

The difference is like 4 small red tick marks by the "gill" and then red hooks...

BB

I don't think it matters that much.

Ghost Minnow (I think it's called Melon something in the XR line).  If you water is clear to light stained....that will produce.  I either burn mine, or use a hard pull/reel up the slack/hard pull retrieve.

Chrome black, Chrome Blue, Black Gold, Red Craw, Foxy Shad. These are the colors that I use and they all produce great. The XR50 is one of my favorite lures to use.

X2 !!!

I have four colors that produce very well.

1-Blue Chrome/Orange (clear water)

2-Pearl Melon (clear water)

3-Rayburn Red (stained Water)

4-Royal Shad (stained water)

Falcon

Chrome blue/orange, Foxy Shad, and Foxy Mama are the only ones I've used. Definitely my favorite lipless crank. I'd advise you to try out the One-Knocker series and the 75 size too, they're killer as well! :D

That Royal Shad color looks nice, I haven't seen it before... Guess I gotta get me some... ;D

What colors would you guys suggest?

If you are just buying one, Chrome Blue/ Orange Belly:

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0036610120825a.shtml

8-)

Can't go wrong with that color as all around. Throw in some with Chartreuse for dirtier water and have to have some in Rayburn Red for ripping through grass to imitate crawfish. This is my No 1 rattle bait now passing up the Redeye Shad. Added bonus I got 8 of them at Dick's a while back when they had Excalibur baits 50% off. I don't think these were part of the promotion but talked salesperson into it.

$3.25 each was a steal. :D

CWB - We just got a Dick's store here in WPB, FL and they've had the Xcalibur's on sale like every time I've been in there!! Love that place!