Sign in to follow this  
Nkybassfisherman

Seriously ? (Help )

Alright I'm starting to really get fed up with abu garcia...... First off I had two STXs that had been used for about two years and when I set the hook im pretty sure the anti reverses went out because i could reel them backwards. So I got rid of them and bought two BRAND NEW Revo Sxs off of someone on another forum. I got the reels and they were just as described.. BRAND NEW IN BOX. I havent had these reels but 2 weeks and when i set the hook with one on sunday the same thing happened to it as it happened to the STXs. The reel became hard to reel.( Sticky ) and at times you can reel it backwards and other times you cant. Why does this keep happening to me ? Is it me ?

4 broken reels all with the common denominator of you owning them then ----> it´s you.

Something's definetely wrong. I work on a lot of Revo's and can't remember a total AR failure let alone multiple ones. Email me some more details of the symptoms or send them in and I'll see what's up.

4 broken reels all with the common denominator of you owning them then ----> it´s you.

Actually 3 broken reels haha. But Idk what I could be doing wrong with these that I'm not doing with my other baitcasters.... I'm not new to these kind of reels. It's just ABU.

Actually 3 broken reels haha. But Idk what I could be doing wrong with these that I'm not doing with my other baitcasters.... I'm not new to these kind of reels. It's just ABU.

I have both the STX and SX version. I think it's something you are doing. Are you applying any pressure to your spool release why you are reeling? If you are, you need to change that habit.

I have both the STX and SX version. I think it's something you are doing. Are you applying any pressure to your spool release why you are reeling? If you are, you need to change that habit.

What do you mean by this ? The problem is not occuring when im reeling its happening when i set the hook. Its like im setting it too hard or something which is stupid because thats what your supposed to do when flipping and pitching.

Yes but too much backwards pressure against the AR bearing can cause it to fail. Such as when you get a snag and pull hard against it to free it. That's a no no.

Just wondering, but did you grease the AR bearing? Heavy grease can cause the rollers to not engage. I'm not familiar with Abu reels inner workings , do they have an anti-reverse pawl?

Just wondering, but did you grease the AR bearing? Heavy grease can cause the rollers to not engage. I'm not familiar with Abu reels inner workings , do they have an anti-reverse pawl?

I did not grease it. But anyways I sent both reels to DVT to be cleaned and worked on so hopefully he can solve the problem.

Yes but too much backwards pressure against the AR bearing can cause it to fail. Such as when you get a snag and pull hard against it to free it. That's a no no.

It may be a no-no for the rod, but the reel should be able to take it. The drag should slip before any internal parts fail.