Jig Meister

Choose My Next Lure

Going to Gander Mtn. after work today, looking to buy a few new top waters. I want to get at least one new popper, so toss out some suggestions, I have more than enough buzz baits right now fyi.

yeah megabass is spendy, but you get what you pay for, they are awesome.

Lobina Rico. In a color similar to what you've had success with previously. I use Bone and crush them.

Koppers Live Target Mouse. Its not a popper, but i get some amazing strikes with this bait.

• Like 1

Megabass PopMax (Tonosama Frog pattern)

http://megabassusa.com/products/popmax

This is my most productive topwater bait by far.

Man I would only fish a lure like that in a lake with nothing but bass in it. Up here in the North, pike will smash a bottle cap if it's tied on your line. I've lost a lot of bass topwaters, mostly frogs, to 16-20" pike and I'd just be too plain scared to throw a $30 popper thinking it won't get bit off. Hell of a good looking popper though. Maybe if I get down south I'd throw it sometime.

A Rapala Skitter Pop in any color. This is the only popper I have ever used where I get consistent hit's on it when they will hit topwaters.

• Like 1

killed it with a good old Pop-R tonight, caught a 18" long, 13 inch around larggie at the end of the night, probably the heaviest bass I have caught this year. Love the Pop-R, simple and works and is cheap.

However, I just might buy that megabass, poppers work so well for me it is so tempting :D

killed it with a good old Pop-R tonight, caught a 18" long, 13 inch around larggie at the end of the night, probably the heaviest bass I have caught this year. Love the Pop-R, simple and works and is cheap.

However, I just might buy that megabass, poppers work so well for me it is so tempting :D

If you like the Pop-R try the Excaliber Zell Pop. It's a very similar bait with some small tweaks that make it the best popper I've ever fished. I like the smaller size, I have one with almost no paint left on it it's been hit so many times.

I will check that out Blue.

All the poppers I have used I truly like the action that the 'thinner' poppers give. The fatter ones like the Hula-pop I do not mind, but I feel like those skip along the water too much, and they just don't have the overall wacky action the thinner ones have.

....going to TW now, monkey is calling.

Side Note: I am getting married this Aug 25th, and I got a wedding check from an out of town relative in the mail yesterday, almost cashed it to buy gear hahahaha, then I woke up :respect-059: