Sign in to follow this  
iceintheveins

Fall Jerkbaits!

Do many of you return to throwing hard jerkbaits for bass once the water is in the mid to upper 50s again in the fall? I'm thinking of heading out one more time before I get ready for ice season in December.

Any other really good late fall lures that you use?

You betcha, been a great jerbait season. Tubes have been producing as well. I've really gotten into to tubes the last couple of years since straying away from them about ten years ago...Man do they work!

I like throwing suspending jerkbaits when the water gets below fifty degrees. X-raps and husky jerks in perch colors are my favorites. I've found that long pauses letting them just hang there in the water column with a few short twitches in between gets me the most bites. I also like to throw small jigs like bitsy bugs worked slowly and Carolina rigged plastics. I'm on the other side of the mountains from you but the same presentations should work in your neck of the woods.

• Like 1

Yep, they can be just as effective in the fall as they are in the spring.

Great time of the year for hard jerks. I like the bigger ones; like the 128 LC Pointer or the largest Husky Jerk. They get crushed!

• Like 1

Great time of the year for hard jerks. I like the bigger ones; like the 128 LC Pointer or the largest Husky Jerk. They get crushed!

X2

That 128 is a big fish magnet !

A-Jay

X2

That 128 is a big fish magnet !

A-Jay

Do you use the 128 for smallies?

You betcha, been a great jerbait season. Tubes have been producing as well. I've really gotten into to tubes the last couple of years since straying away from them about ten years ago...Man do they work!

I can't catch anything on tubes. I hear everyone say how they are a big producer but I'll be darned if I've ever gotten a bite using one.

Ive only caught a few fish in my life on suspending jerk baits. I used the Suspending Long A because I love the floater so much. I recently picked up a couple of smaller X-Raps , hoping that the smaller baits will get bit more.

I can't catch anything on tubes. I hear everyone say how they are a big producer but I'll be darned if I've ever gotten a bite using one.

A person cant be an expert at every lure or technique, theres just to many to try. Ive caught lots on tubes but not on jerkbaits.

Yes - Avatar fish included.

A-Jay

Every day but the 5th Sunday of the month.

• Like 1

Every day but the 5th Sunday of the month.

You have very strick rules ~

A-Jay