Brian Needham

Boca Orange Seals On A Lews Tp

is it worth the $$$$

since the lews TP takes 3 bearings looking at $75 per reel, anyone think it is worth it??

theres 3 in that kit from Boca for 45.95...for the ABEC 7 ceramic hybrids...look at the bottom of the description paragraph, its says kit (3)

theres 3 in that kit from Boca for 45.95...for the ABEC 7 ceramic hybrids...look at the bottom of the description paragraph, its says kit (3)

making it $25 cheaper than I thought only makes the bearing monkey scream louder, LOL.

Truthfully a guy only needs to upgrade the two spool bearings, the one under the tension cap actually has very little effect on casting in reels of this design. If a guy does that it makes it very affordable, somewhere in the neighborhood of $35 dollars.

• Like 1

making it $25 cheaper than I thought only makes the bearing monkey scream louder, LOL.

plus i believe they could be even cheaper if you get them via DVT...

i'm not sure why the lews has a 3 piece kit...i've only gotten them for my e7's which are in a 2 pack/kit just for the spool bearings...so very well could be something different with the lews design i'm not aware of and why they have 3 in the kit...as mentioned a person only really needs the 2 spool bearings...i love the ceramics hybrids and i take/leave the orange seals off myself since i clean my reels a lot during the season...

DVT is Delaware Valley Tacke?

Yes...

http://delawarevalleytackle.com/

Mike supertuned a Curado 50E and my 200E with ceramic bearings "dry".

Although the performance was great, I didn't like the noise. I added Shimano

oil which eliminated the noise.

Truthfully a guy only needs to upgrade the two spool bearings, the one under the tension cap actually has very little effect on casting in reels of this design. If a guy does that it makes it very affordable, somewhere in the neighborhood of $35 dollars.

Is this true of most bc reels in general?

Is this true of most bc reels in general?

It varies by reel Mfg. and the particular reel being upgraded. If you have a reel that you are curious about, I am sure there are several members here who can offer a reliable opinion.