29JMP29

Your Favorite Drop Shot Bait?

I am going to use the drop shot a lot more this summer for smallmouth.  I have only used roboworms, and I have done pretty well with them, but they tear up after 2 or 3 fish, so I'm wondering, what is everybody's favorite drop shot bait?  a lot of the lakes i fish have gobies in them, so i'm thinking that might be a good way to go? give me some ideas

thanks

Finessr shadz from Zman is good and durable. Jackall crosstail shad is a fave of many too

With my limited Drop Shot experience it's the wacky finesse worm for me so far.

I like the powerteam lures jp hammer shad and finicky tickler. Strike king also has an AWESOME goby bait that I texas rig......absolutely hammers smallmouth in the rivers around here. It would do well on the DS rig.

• Like 1

PowerTeam Lures 5" Finicky Tickler.  In the fall I've had some killer days on smallies with a JP HammerShad.

and get a bottle of Mend-it to fix ur platics.  stuff saves me $200 every season.

GYCB shad shaped worm!

• Like 3

best performing dropshot baits for me are the gulp alive leeches. i also like the yamamoto shad worms. 

Mitch

• Like 1

6" Roboworm in margarita mutilated nose hooked works best for me here on clearlake

Believe it or not its the zoom tiny fluke for spotted bass in my local lakes, I've used,the jackall clone fry, crosstail shad and clone gill as well as many high end plastics and nothing produces as well as the zoom tiny fluke for me

• Like 1

I also like the GYCB shad shape worm, gulp leeches, and zoom tiny fluke, but day in day out, my #1  drop shot bait is a 4-5" straight tail worm. Pick a brand, they all work.

PTL JP Hammershad in spicy goby color. Great drop shot bait.

and get a bottle of Mend-it to fix ur platics.  stuff saves me $200 every season.

everybody says mend it is great, I need to pick up a bottle

3" Havoc Sick Fish and Lake Fork Tackle 4" Ring worm! I always have one of these on my drop shot rod.

I like 4" and 6" robo worm fats, but the reaction innovations flirt is more durable and also has great action.

I stocked up on the Hammershads when Fishhound had them because they are so awesome on a D-shot. That little bait is even good on a shakey head jig.

• Like 2

My favorite so far is the Jackall Cross Tail Shad, but they have the same durability issues as your Roboworms.

Believe it or not its the zoom tiny fluke for spotted bass in my local lakes, I've used,the jackall clone fry, crosstail shad and clone gill as well as many high end plastics and nothing produces as well as the zoom tiny fluke for me

I used the Zoom Tiny Fluke today and did really well! 

First time with the Tiny fluke for me.

• Like 1

4.5" Fat Roboworm in Bold Bluegill.  Nose hooked, TX rigged, or wacky it will catch fish in clear water like nothing else.

Jackall Crosstail shad is my most productive. Close seconds are the robo worm, tiny fluke, and tiny brush hog.