iabass8

New Curado On Zona..?

In the middle of the show that is on right now, he's using a "prototype" curado. Only had a glimpse of it so far

Not surprising as he gets his hands on all the pre-release gear. Would be nice to see a close-up of it, though.

Since I don't get the show, what color is it - can you tell?

I saw that too, but didn't get a good look at it. Shimano is killing me! I wanna know what they're gonna release!

Ive seen a couple of shots of it but they are really keeping it out of shots. Really putting the reel to the test on red fish and jacks

It looks to me like he's using a Calcutta 200D.  I have it recorded so I'll watch it again from the beginning and see if I can see it.

Shimano can't do any worse then the G they released..

It looks to me like he's using a Calcutta 200D. I have it recorded so I'll watch it again from the beginning and see if I can see it.

He was towards the end. Watch towards the middle they give a descrip of what hes using and show it a couple times

I'm pretty sure that's a Calcutta.  I have no doubt that he was using the prototype some on that trip, you just never get a good look at it during the show.  

I thot of th met, but when he i heard protoype curado my ears listened with excitement... I thot same thing as it was 2 tone with dif handles... Guess we'll have to wait til next icast.... Lol

I thot of th met, but when he i heard protoype curado my ears listened with excitement... I thot same thing as it was 2 tone with dif handles... Guess we'll have to wait til next icast.... Lol

Maybe sooner than that. Bantam said they were going to release some new products at the Bassmaster Classic

I thought they were metanium

That will work too! It always seems like most of the stuff is for sale or avaialible for reserve way before anyway. But not made a big deal of until classic or icast. Either way curious to see whats its all about. Maybe goin to b more metal made like the old the d series, either way, looking forward to gettin a couple when they drop for sure!!!!

Shimano could make an aluminum frame & both sideplates lightweight reel. Take the Helios its a nice solid feeling 6.3oz all AL f&sp reel at the $200 point. They should build it back in Japan as well.

• Like 1

Shimano could make an aluminum frame & both sideplates lightweight reel. Take the Helios its a nice solid feeling 6.3oz all AL f&sp reel at the $200 point. They should build it back in Japan as well.

I think you missed out returning your Helios. I like the Komodo better at 6.5 ounces, so much so I bought the Helios Air to try out.

Another thing to consider is the prototypes may or may not have the cosmetics that the final product will have.   The fact that they are already replacing the G series suggests that they realize they disappointed a lot of people.  I expect the new Curado to be a very good reel, they can't afford to blow this one.

• Like 2

There's no way they can let the new Curado be substandard to the Tatula... it would be death to the reel. I fully expect it to be a true upgrade from the Curado e series this time. Can't wait.

Ill be happy with it as long as there's a 50 size and there's NO red in it.

• Like 2