Ozark_Basser

Your Favorite Technique This Past Season

Mine has to have been the swim jig. Whether it's been with a regular trailer or even a spinnerbait blade on the back, this has been my most productive technique.  I'd say mostly due to the fact I've been fishing lots of shallow grass since I moved away from the White River chain of lakes (not a blade of grass) to a little farther down south. 

I'd say pitching a punch bait followed closely by the umbrella rig.

Lipless crankbait.

Tubes, first time I ever used them. I had absolutely fantastic year using tubes.

Hootie

• Like 1

T- rigged soft plastic worm, I always can grind out bites with this method..

• Like 1

Frogs

Probably my all time favorite, as I'm sure it is for a lot of folks

Last season I started to jig. The year before I only used mostly spinners, but the season I plan to start using Senkos. I have NEVER wacky rigged before (only drop and text rig)

I was happy to order all I needed through TW.

Ned Rig

What's up with the Ned Rig, avery? What makes it better than your average jig head?

What's up with the Ned Rig, avery? What makes it better than your average jig head?

Nevermind avery. Once again I have spoke too soon.  I have yet to try it. I definitely need to up my finesse game. 

I will throw lots of different baits but the go too baits have been the same for a few years. With thick cover and lots of pads, the 4" senko type baits, weightless flukes, and swim baits have been magical. Watermelon red, Okeechobee, and Junebug have been hot consistently. Day in and day out they will catch large numbers of fish, in all types of conditions.

For me it's a shaky head I caught a lot of fish and some bigguns on it.

Whelp...

Same as every year for the past who knows how many...

Wacky rig.

Followed by a jig.

Ned Rig

What is your set up when throwing the Ned Rig?  I want to be able to throw a 1/16 oz far as possible. 

What is your set up when throwing the Ned Rig?  I want to be able to throw a 1/16 oz far as possible. 

There is a very good video with Ned Kehde, check it out, it will answer a lot of question about the Ned Rig.  http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/147809-ned-rig/

I use two different setups based on the weight I want to throw.  St.Croix Rage 6'10"ML/XF 20lb PP slick 8, 6lb FC leader.  St. Croix LTB 6'10"M/XF 20lb PP Slick 8 6lb FC leader.  I usually throw either a 3/32 or 1/8 oz head with a ZMAN TRD or Zinkerz cut in half.  Have also used the Hula Stikz and Hag's Tornado with good success.

• Like 2

It seems that almost every season there is a different go to, or hot bait for me and this year was no different. Although jigs have been big producers for me for years, I relied heavily on them this year.  Part of that is because I've been targeting big fish and for me, jigs have always produced in that department.  The other reason is that jig fishing slows me down and really gets me into the mindset needed to fish the pressured waters I frequent.

• Like 2

There is a very good video with Ned Kehde, check it out, it will answer a lot of question about the Ned Rig.  http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/147809-ned-rig/

I use two different setups based on the weight I want to throw.  St.Croix Rage 6'10"ML/XF 20lb PP slick 8, 6lb FC leader.  St. Croix LTB 6'10"M/XF 20lb PP Slick 8 6lb FC leader.  I usually throw either a 3/32 or 1/8 oz head with a ZMAN TRD or Zinkerz cut in half.  Have also used the Hula Stikz and Hag's Tornado with good success.

I use the same LTB with a Pfluegar Supreme XT 25 size with 10lb Super Slick and a 10 or 8 pound fluoro leader. I fish the 3/32oz head 95% of the time.

I'm sure it comes as a real shocker that I caught a lot of my fish on a bladed jig last year  :eyebrows:

• Like 1

Whelp...

Same as every year for the past who knows how many...

Wacky rig.

Followed by a jig.

This, literally word for word!