Rhino68W

What Technique Or Lure Do You Hate To Fish?

You fish Mozingo and hate buzzbaits??  :surprised:  I've caught so many fish up there on buzzbaits in the timber and over the grass, some big ones too. 

Just never had any luck on them.  No confidence in them at all

I don't like spinnerbaits. I always feel I'm fishing them wrong/too fast. If I'm throwing a spinnerbait you can bet I've tried everything else and heaved it out there as a last-chance prayerbait.

What? Those are some of the simplest and most effective lures out there!

I don't like throwing umbrella rigs, and/or these new magnum sized cranks. They just flat wear me out after a couple hours. It doesn't help that I HAVE thrown them for hours on end without much success on lakes that I know well, and do well on. So I have all but given up with them.

+1 After throwing that thing my back and neck and shoulder scream for Aleve

Wow, I'm a little surprised at the lack of love for the C Rig! Not my favorite, but it definitely puts fish in the boat. I'm a worm dragger at heart and use the T rig, C rig, and jig religiously. The C rig to help locate fish, the T rig to help pick apart the "spot" and the jig to upgrade the size of the fish.

No hate for buzz baits?  I gave up on those years ago.

I wouldn't go as far to say I "hate" any one technique and I love top water, but I have very little confidence in fishing a buzzbait. Popper, walking bait, frog, etc are go-to baits, but that dang buzz bait...

I wouldn't use the word hate because any day on the water is better than work. But my least favorite thing to fish is a wacky rigged senko. God knows I always have a senko near by though. Flipping one is not so bad but when they are eating it in 20ft of water it is oh so slow.

Wacky rigged senko. I don't even carry any with me now. I can't stand waiting for it to sink and working it slow.

Senkos they sink way to slow and have like no resistance so even when you do pick the tip up it doesn't even feel like your doing anything. I have caught plenty of fish with them though but I have to toss a split shot on there or something though. I will use them on a dropshot or c-rig no prob though.

I don't hate any lure or technique that puts fish in the boat.

It's the rest of them, I have a problem with.

Roger

I wouldn't use the word hate because any day on the water is better than work. But my least favorite thing to fish is a wacky rigged senko. God knows I always have a senko near by though. Flipping one is not so bad but when they are eating it in 20ft of water it is oh so slow.

This is, of course, right.  I don't "HATE" any technique and I need to revisit the buzzbait.  Just never had any luck with them.

Alabama Rig.

Too heavy and it wears me out.

• Like 1

Jigs.  I must be the worst bass fisherman in the world because I have only caught 1 bass on a jig.  Can't feel the bite.  Next would be weightless wacky rigged senkos.

Lipless crank. Is heard how effective they are in cold water but I've never caught one and out it down and fish a jig or jerkbait.

Lipless crank. I've heard how effective they are in cold water but I've never caught one and out it down and fish a jig or jerkbait.

Lipless crank. I've heard how effective they are in cold water but I've never caught one and put it down and fish a jig or jerkbait.

Lipless crank. I've heard how effective they are in cold water but I've never caught one and put it down and fish a jig or jerkbait.

Fish it like a jig. 

Carolina rig, I've just gut hooked to many bass on them. And crank baits. If you see me tossing a crank bait then you know I'm struggling. Much rather be flipping or tossing a shaky head.

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY CAST & RETRIVE !!

Otherwise I sit  & do not pay attention.

I don't know why there is so much hate for carolina rigs. I've fished them for decades. Started out lure fishing with a creme worm and a couple of split shot sinkers. Basically same technique. Caught alot of fish on the c rig. My kryptonite is the swim jig. I know it produces fish but when I got a jig on the line its second nature to flip it to cover and let it sit.