Rhino68W

What Technique Or Lure Do You Hate To Fish?

I know everyone has their own preferences. But what lures and techniques do you absolutely despise?

The Old Ball & Chain ~ The Carolina Rig 

I just hate that thing.

From casting it, to dragging it along, I have not had the success others have had to make me fish it enough to get good at it.

It doesn't help that all my lake bottoms are a mess of vegetation.

A-Jay

• Like 2

The Old Ball & Chain ~ The Carolina Rig 

I just hate that thing.

From casting it, to dragging it along, I have not had the success others have had to make me fish it enough to get good at it.

It doesn't help that all my lake bottoms are a mess of vegetation.

A-Jay

Agreed. Though I've had some success with the 

lesser/lighter "siblings", the Mojo and split-shot rigs.

• Like 1

Hate isn't the right word but I'd rather fish a moving bait like a swimjig or crankbait over a Texas rig or carolina rig any day!

Any of those vertical winter techniques really aren't my thing. Neither are c rigs

Unweighted wacky rig...

Shaky head...

Dead Sticking...

Not because I can't catch a fish, it's just that they all take so much time.

Mike

• Like 2

I don't like pulling fish out of the slop. You get a 2 pound fish and 4 pounds of weeds. Just not much fun for me.

• Like 1

I don't like pulling fish out of the slop. You get a 2 pound fish and 4 pounds of weeds. Just not much fun for me.

Haha, you mean you don't like salad with your meat?

Unweighted wacky rig...

Shaky head...

Dead Sticking...

Not because I can't catch a fish, it's just that they all take so much time.

Mike

+1

When I'm excited about catching fish, it's hard to go S-L-O-W and have to stare at the line the whole time.  

Merry Christmas,

Bob

• Like 2

I cannot stand fishing crankbaits. Treble hooks get snagged and caught in the carpet in the boat. Hate em

I don't like throwing umbrella rigs, and/or these new magnum sized cranks. They just flat wear me out after a couple hours. It doesn't help that I HAVE thrown them for hours on end without much success on lakes that I know well, and do well on. So I have all but given up with them.

• Like 2

I hate crankbaits. They seem boring to me. I'd rather use a T-rig over anything.

Senko.

There. ...I said it.

If I'm fishing a senko. ... you can bet my day has sucked and I'm throwing "the kitchen sink" at them as a last chance.

• Like 2

I don't like the Carolina rig.

• Like 1

I don't like throwing umbrella rigs, and/or these new magnum sized cranks. They just flat wear me out after a couple hours. It doesn't help that I HAVE thrown them for hours on end without much success on lakes that I know well, and do well on. So I have all but given up with them.

LOL! Exactly this, Exactly... I don't doubt the A-rig

On its effectiveness, but I would rather throw rocks than it or the blasted giant 10xd..

I hate drop shot! Only caught 7 fish on it would rather jig a spoon!

If I'm throwing a Carolina rig, I've basically given up all hopes of catching anything. 

• Like 4

C Rig, followed by jerkbait fishing, then dead sticking, and finally those wacky rigged senkos.  But I continue to push through and hope for the best even though they aren't my preferred ways of fishing.  

• Like 1

My sentiments exactly.  I'm there to fight a fish and not have a tug of war with a plant.  Being an open water fisherman I'm looking for that fish that's going to take me 5-10 or even 30 minutes to land.  When bass fishing I'm reducing my gear in size and my techniques to get as close as I can to that open water feel.  

Moving baits like jerkbaits, flukes and top water poppers are fished maybe 90% of the time, it's really the fun more than the fish for me.  Fishing for bass at least 300 times a year, jig and trailers and senkos are used no more than about 6 times.  They do catch a lot fish and that's why I don't use them, the strike and the fight aren't the same.

I have caught fish with a c-rig, but if I am using it I have not had a good day.

• Like 1

Someone had to say it..... Spinnerbaits. I don't do well with them other than at night. I'm sure It's a mental thing during the day but If you see me fishing a spinnerbait during the day It means I'm either giving It another try or I'm practicing my casting. lol

• Like 1

I hate fishing Spooks.

I don't like deep cranking.  In fact I've decided not to do it anymore.  I sold my cranking rod.  The only treble hooked baits I throw now are jerk baits, squarebills, lipless and shallow cranks.

Soft plastics in any way or form.