FloridaFishinFool

Another Florida Fishin' Fool!

My family has been in Florida since riding into this state on a mule drawn open wagon from South Carolina in 1878. I am a third generation Floridian born and raised here in the Jacksonville area, and I moved to central Florida back in 1988. I began fishing back around 1968 or so and I have been fishing ever since. Today I live in the middle of the state near Orlando and I prefer freshwater bass fishing to saltwater any day of the week- or year. I am surrounded by some of the best bass fishing places on the planet so I try and make the most of them while I can. 

At 50 I am beginning to think I have fewer years ahead to fish than I do looking back on those already fished, so I want to make the most of what time is left to me. I now have two young sons ages 1 and 3 and they are a handful and I want to raise them on the water and pass down fishing to them and hopefully both of them will take to it like I did. I work in construction and stagehand work through a local union- not a personal choice mind you, but a requirement for some contracted work. 

So I am a working-class fisherman who has learned to be practical with my fishing and fishing gear. I do all of my own rod and reel repairs, modifications, and overhauls and have been for more than 30 years. I come from a family of engineers so I am well grounded in what works and what doesn't kind of thing. I love doing research and learning and sharing. What comes around goes around! If it can be of benefit to me, maybe I can share it with others to benefit them as well, and this is why I joined the forum- to learn and to share.

I look forward to being a part of this forum.

Hello and Welcome to Bass Resource ~

A-Jay

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums!

Jeff

• Like 1

Greetings and Welcome to the forums :)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard.

That's quite a bio, and at 50 you've plenty of road ahead  :smiley:

Roger

• Like 1

Welcome!

• Like 1

You found the right place. Happy fishing.

• Like 1

Welcome home!

• Like 1