Sign in to follow this  
Cole474

Need Suggestions For Finesse Rod

I have two bait casters a mh and mm. I'm looking for a spinning rod mf for some finesse bass fishing and maybe even a little trout fishing. Budget is around $100. Any suggestions

Might give a look at the *** Black, they get good reviews, and there are several here that use them and have positive things to say about them.   They have 3 or 4 rods in the Medium power and Fast action, should be able to find one that meets your needs.

It probably isn't an unknown fact that I am a fan of Fenwick rods.  I'd like to add the HMG to your list.  I have to also add that the only rod I currently use from when I was fishing over 30 years ago is a 6' Berkley Lightning spinning rod.  No doubt not as nice as many of today's rods, but one I don't see myself ever getting rid of.  Don't use a spinning rod often today, but that rod has caught tons of fish back when spinning was all I used.  I guess the fish weren't very finicky about the rod used back in those days.  :teeth:

I recently picked up a ML Fenwick Elite Tech Walleye rod 7'2".  I have only fished it once (got skunked and frozen) and I think it would work great for finesse fishing.  I picked it up at Gander Mountain for $80, normally $150.

It's stiff at the butt of the rod and tapers to a lighter, softer tip.  

I have an Avid AVS66MLF for you to try. We'll see how you like this rod.

:winter-146:

I've been looking @ the shimino compre and TFO Gary Loomis signature and was wondering has anybody used these before

I have a TFO and love it!

When I am riding in some one else's boat and I can only carry 5 or 6 rods, my 6'3" Diawa Light & Tough Finesse rod makes the cut.  It can handle any kind of line I want to put on it, from 4 lb test and 1/8 oz Slider heads to 10 lb fluorocarbon to any reasonable weight of braid.  It has a sensitive enough tip and enough of a stiff butt section that I can confidently set the hook on a slider rig 50 to 60 feet away.