JDJ

Rage Rig Buzzbait

Threw a Rage-Rigged Structure Bug yesterday in a local pond, hopping it along the bottom and swimming it on a 3/32 oz swimbait hook.  Not getting much action, I started fishing it as a buzzbait and found that the bass liked that presentation much better.  It skimmed the surface as good as the Rage Toad does.  I'm probably very late to the game, but I'd never buzzed a Rage Rig until yesterday.  Now I have another "bow in my quiver".

• Like 1

d**n you ... something else to try ...  :eyebrows:

If your can figure out how to get it to run correctly without a weight then you're on to something. Weightless t rigged speed craw is one of my deadliest presentations.

Rage bug on buzzbait is a great idea, thanks

• Like 1

You can wrap a couple suspend strips around the hook to add very very minor weight and get baits to run right. I have done it with rage toads. I can not get them to run top up anymore no matter what hook I use.

Down south it's called speed reeling & we do it with any type plastic!

• Like 1

Down south it's called speed reeling & we do it with any type plastic!

Tell'em brother, my big fish last year came on a 8" zoom dead ringer burned on the surface. Sometimes ya gotta think outside the box. BTW about any rage tail bait (the exception being the cut tail) has a nice top water action. My favorite is the shad that thing makes allot of noise, followed closely by the lobster.

Love the anaconda. Have had luck moving it fast subsurface. I will have to lighten it up and try it on the top.

• Like 1

Tell'em brother, my big fish last year came on a 8" zoom dead ringer burned on the surface. Sometimes ya gotta think outside the box. BTW about any rage tail bait (the exception being the cut tail) has a nice top water action. My favorite is the shad that thing makes allot of noise, followed closely by the lobster.

Love those big dead ringers! Haven't found another ribbon tail that comes close to catching as many fish! There's no wrong way to fish them either!

Love those big dead ringers! Haven't found another ribbon tail that comes close to catching as many fish! There's no wrong way to fish them either!

I agree, the only place that carries them locally is going out of business :( I'll have to find them online now.

A Havoc Pit Boss does this very well also. I like the Papa Pit Boss because it's easier to cast weightless and has a bigger profile. 

• Like 2

Love the anaconda. Have had luck moving it fast subsurface. I will have to lighten it up and try it on the top.

I've done with a 1/4 oz weight, just hold your rod tip high & reel.

Rage Tail Cut-R Worm has plenty action, it's like a Speed Craw, that tiny fast action can be deadly.

When every one is throw frogs in heavy grass I be speed reeling a plastics.

• Like 1

Rage Craws work well too. 

you can also use the rage shad and the rage eliminator for the same purpose.

I agree, the only place that carries them locally is going out of business :( I'll have to find them online now.

My local shop quit carrying all but the 4" ringer. another site has a great selection at a great price