Sign in to follow this  
Fishohio

Mojo Rig bait choices

Hey guys,

Was wondering what you like to throw on a Mojo Rig?  Headed to a lake with a lot of grass this week and was gonna give this rig some work.

I know how good a Senko works was wondering if there's anything else you like to use?

I have some mojo weights but never have used them .They have been sitting in my tackle box for twenty to thirty years . I dont know why any soft plastic bait would not work.

Lizard or baby brush hog. As @scaleface said you could probably use just about anything!

• Like 1

x3 on the baby brush hog. but just about any kind of worm or creature is a good choice.

For an eye-opening exercise, try to think of a plastic you would not use on a mojo, and then tie one on anyway and see what happens...

• Like 1

So far I've only used finesse style worms like a zoom trick worm, and my favorite is called a "Q - worm" by Natural Forage, a small soft plastic company. I am going to try out baby brush hogs immediately, because of everyone's recommendations. I'm not sure why I've never tried it, Baby brush hogs T-rigged are killer for creek and river smallies.

Basically any plastic I have with me at the time.

• Like 1

The mojo rig is a split shot rig, the weight is a tubular shape instead of round.

I prefer rigging the mojo weight as a slip shot rig using a pegged glass bead or a Carolina Keeper for a weight stop with glass bead. Light wire hooks like Owner 5100 or 5133 size 1 or 1/0 work good using finesse worms 4" to 6".

Tom

• Like 1

I like centipedes best, or ring fry type baits. The LFT Hyper Stick, a jointed senko type bait, is pretty good too. Any finesse worm or small worm/lizard works though too.

Thanks everyone.

Definitely try the brush hog and have some Havocs wide load plastics. Picked up some Rage grubs as well. Just lookin for something different. I like the idea of tryin something that I think wouldn't work.

Thanks for the videos Glenn!! One of my go to Trigs is a tube. Will give it some time for sure.

Hope everyone is getting a lot of time on the water this year. :D