Jump to content
Panfish Bill

Should I avoid talking bad about a reel company on YouTube?

Recommended Posts

I just had a popular company literally tell me they are to lazy and broke to do something that most all other reel manufacturers are doing.

Should I avoid talking about that on my YouTube page?  Someday I hope to get sponsors so talking about that email could look bad and prevent me from getting any?

What's even more funny is I am about to buy one of their reels anyway.  I just think their email was really bad PR.

I will not mention the company for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take the high road in life when you are faced with these decisions. It will pay off... though you probably won't know it. You'll just have a better quality of life. Less anger. Fewer chips on your shoulders. A company can make whatever decision it wants to make and it is out of your control. "Don't let them steal your joy." It's a saying I repeat over and over sometimes. (This works in personal relationships too....)

WWKVDD

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bass Turd said:

Take the high road in life when you are faced with these decisions. It will pay off... though you probably won't know it. You'll just have a better quality of life. Less anger. Fewer chips on your shoulders. A company can make whatever decision it wants to make and it is out of your control. "Don't let them steal your joy." It's a saying I repeat over and over sometimes. (This works in personal relationships too....)

WWKVDD

That is good advice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with the above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Panfish Bill said:

I just had a popular company literally tell me they are to lazy and broke to do something that most all other reel manufacturers are doing.

 

what is something that most manufacturers are doing but they arent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can either hold on to resentment or move on. Whichever makes you happiest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can never go wrong taking the high road. Let it go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a horrible customer experience regarding warranty on a brand new boat. The dealer dropped the ball as did the manufacturer. I brought it up on a few fishing forums and I was fortunate to get the help of another boat dealer who had read my issue and was able to contact the higher ups at the manufacturer. I was also able to get some of my internet "fishing family" to follow up on a post my son had put on their FB page.(I don't do FB so forgive me if my terminology is wrong) The issue was resolved. 

I'm not trying to discount your issue, but it's just a reel. Buy another one and/or switch brands if they won't resolve the issue. If you're in the market to gain sponsorship, making derogatory remarks about any company is going destroy any chance of you acquiring any kind of sponsorship.

Lastly, switch to Quantum :) I'm not a quantum guy myself but my son has a couple. The side cover broke off of a reel that was already obsolete. He contacted Quantum to see if he could buy a new cover. Apparently this was a known defect. They sent him, free of charge, a refurbished reel of a more expensive model then he originally had. Can't beat that with a stick.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although taking the high road is the easiest / safest path I will offer this. 

The most successful people don't always take the easiest/safest path. People shouldn't be afraid to be objectionably honest. By that I mean as long as you make absolutely sure your comments are not biased and stated in a completely professional manner backed with facts. A professional company may not want to hear it but they would respect it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, S. Sass said:

Although taking the high road is the easiest / safest path I will offer this. 

The most successful people don't always take the easiest/safest path. People shouldn't be afraid to be objectionably honest. By that I mean as long as you make absolutely sure your comments are not biased and stated in a completely professional manner backed with facts. A professional company may not want to hear it but they would respect it. 

Gonna disagree with the first part...it's actually usually  more difficult biting your tongue, at least in my case/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, deaknh03 said:

Gonna disagree with the first part...it's actually usually  more difficult biting your tongue, at least in my case/

It's the easiest answer not necessarily the easiest thing for some individuals. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 If  they have violated their stated policy or warranty, then you certainly have the right to talk about it IMO. If they haven't there is nothing to talk about. Telling me (them) that I (they) should do something because everyone else is doing it is not going to be a very effective way of persuading me (them) to do anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, we have a rule here that prohibits bashing companies, if for no other reason it's a one-sided story.  If you have a beef with a company, then take it up with them.  Smearing their name here is not allowed.

Not only that, but this site doesn't spread rumors or speculation like a few other sites do, nor do we make up stories or create fake profiles and post outrageous comments with it in a desperate attempt to make the competition look bad (unlike other sites). 

So allowing people to bad mouth other companies does not align with our values.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×