win300mag1

Best Shaky Head worm???

Hey everyone, what do you think is the best Shaky Head worm? I've always just used a regular old zoom trick worm but after watching several videos I learned that maybe there are better choices out there. The zoom trick worms do seem to sink a decent rate. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I throw many different baits. 

1. Reaction Innovations smallie beaver

2. Custom Lure Unlimited : Danny Joe Humphreys original floating worms.

Zoom: Finesse worms, magnum finesse worms, and a personal favorite a 4" dead ringer. 

• Like 2

I typically use worms that float, enabling them to have more action, like zman, will also last long

any zoom worms will work and are cheap too

• Like 3

Thanks! Not sure if it's a grass is greener type situation with the old trick worm but I've been curious about other things. I will definitely look into some of those.

• Like 1

I've had good luck with the powerbait shakey worms and roboworms.

• Like 1

Kicker Fish hightail hole shot worms. The 7" and 11" ribbon tail are both killer. 

• Like 1

Creme scrounger , robo worm , trick worm, honorable mention to grande bass rattle snakes

• Like 2

The robo worms don't last long at all...even without a fish on the end...the salt content just on the bottom just makes the worm fall apart. Instead of the trick worm try the finesse worm but at the same time you can just nip off a chunk of the trick worm and have the same thing. Also zoom just came out with a new (first original remake) worm that looks pretty cool..haven't tried it yet though...

• Like 1

I usually use the Zoom 4.5 inch finesse worm

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Smjunior25 said:

I've had good luck with the powerbait shakey worms and roboworms.

These are my go to baits as well.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried a plasma tail on a shakey head? I'm going to try it this weekend on a 6.5" in junebug, shakey head seems to be the ticket on this particular lake.

• Like 2

I've heard some really good things about those. Supposedly they are designed with finesse in mind. Never tried them personally but I plan too as well.

Yeah, the plasma tail should float up which I would think would give it great action. 

1 hour ago, stk44 said:

Has anyone tried a plasma tail on a shakey head? I'm going to try it this weekend on a 6.5" in junebug, shakey head seems to be the ticket on this particular lake.

Yes -- the plasmatail is legit. The bouyancy is pretty close to neutral so the tail doesn't really float up, but it doesn't just lie down either. 

• Like 1

I use lots of different worms: high tail hole shot, reins bubbling shaker, big bite baits squirrel tail worms, and zman, strike king 3x, and old terminator baits all made from elastic if I want the worm to float up in the tail. I usually use these when fishing slow in clear water when the fish see it paused for a few seconds.

If I'm not worried about the fish getting as good a look and I'm fishing faster or in off color water I use roboworms, trick worms, finesse worms from 7-8 different brands, and pro send and slim send type baits.

I've also caught a lot of fish on a sluggo ss with its super thin wispy tail, but Idk if it's technically a worm. 

I also like using big 10-12 inch worms on large shaky heads when targeting deep bass or when after a bigger kicker fish. I like several brands but probably use the yum mighty worm the most

• Like 1

Make sure you use the "Original"  Trick Worm. The "Super Salt Added" do not stand up as well as the no salt original. For the deeper summer bite, I like the Maximus worm on a Buckeye Magnum Goby Sled jig head.

Buckeye-Goby-Sled.jpg

Edited by 1201vilbig
sp
  • Like 2

I love using Zoom 7" ribbon tails on a shaky head. Probably my favorite thing to throw and catch fish. 

love using charlie brewer 4 inch slider worm,zoom trick,robo…..in that order

Is there such a thing as a bad shaky head worm?  Or, really, a bad worm of any kind?

• Like 3

If I'm using a shakey head, I'm dead sticking it a lot so I use a thin floating worm. The slightest bit of current, or just attempting to hold the rod still gets that thing wiggling. Before I went to hand poured, Berkley Havoc worms did a fine job. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oufb90 said:

I love using Zoom 7" ribbon tails on a shaky head. Probably my favorite thing to throw and catch fish. 

try a Zoom Shakey Tail worm some time. you wont be disappointed.

• Like 1

I'm gonna drop shot some z3 swamp crawlers tomorrow in an acre of stand ups B) 

• Like 1